Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hooked up with someone when we were broken up, now GF wants payback?

Be real with yourselves here. Let each other go if things aren't going to plan. The eye for an eye is silly. It's what kids do in a playground when someone kicks sand at someone else or sits on their sandcastle. Speaking on adult terms here, deep down I don't think she respects you.

Why did you both break up in the first place? What made you a "jerk"? If you're acting out or being jerky it's usually an indicator that neither of you were compatible to start. Pay attention to your feelings/emotions. If you're irritable, annoyed, pissed off around someone, those are all signs that you don't agree with that person (perhaps even on more than one level). Stop forcing things and listen to your gut instincts. If she's bringing out the worst in you, cut her loose.

Platinum Member
    Three months is too short to be on and off. Love takes timeand if you could end up liking someone else within that time frame, it's clear you should just stay single.

Originally Posted by whatdidIdo

The thing is when we were broken up she also met someone. She said they didnt so much as even kiss but I know for certain they developed some kind of an emotional thing which to me is even worse than a random hookup. She doesnt see it that way.
    - many women do this, it's called a revenge cheat.

Well, breakups mean broken and there is cheating here. Sometimes you have to find a new girlfriend and start with a clean slate.

12 weeks of this much drama doesn't seem worth it.

Are you still married or did you get separated/divorced or finally decide on the open marriage you wanted? [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by whatdidIdo
    I have been with my GF for about 3 months.
    There was a point about a month ago where I was a jerk and she broke up with me. I thought it was completely over and ended up hooking up with random girl during that time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice