Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two weeks since first date? Should I just give up?

Bronze Member
    Yeah Iím definitely not. I posted a video of me dancing on my Instagram and he replied with, them moves. You look good too 👀Ē LOL over it

He doesn't sound too bright.

I don't get it. You've only been on a single date. No invitation to a second one in two weeks. Decent enough chance he's got a girlfriend. No need to confront him or ask questions. It's not even worth thinking about. Just move on and date other people.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    He doesn't sound too bright.
    Hahahahahahaha that was a sincere comment.

Platinum Member
    Here's how I managed to stay sane with dating. If we'd only gone on a handful of dates I told myself there was no next date unless there was a time and place plan for a next date. If there wasn't I moved on right then and if he called and asked me out then at that time he was back on my radar and I'd decide whether to see him again. But until that time he was off my radar -there was no "waiting". Certainly if you feel like it you can ask a man out but in this case I wouldn't because he seems to have no interest in dating you. He has some interest in you as a chat buddy.

If he were truly interested in you and wanted to resume dating you regularly, he would've clearly asked you to continue dating with him yet he did not. You're merely his texting buddy at this point. If you wish to continue just texting, then text. If you want something more, he's not willing to do anymore than text you. You can either text as pals or cut it off with him and consider him history.

Stop wasting your time with him. Part ways amicably and respectfully. After that, make it permanent with NC (no contact) and move on.

Silver Member
    You're using the wrong pronouns. Instead of why is "he", it should be why are "you." Such as why are you continuing to be text buddies with someone who has shown no interest in making clear plans to meet you again. Or why are you wasting energy guessing about his motivations. You felt a connection, it doesn't appear he did. So you can take control by saying "I'm enjoying the texting but would like to meet again, when would be good?" Or you can take control by seeking to meet other people who will be interested in dating you. The choices are yours.

Bronze Member
    Yeah Iím just gonna let it be. Not going to text anymore.

Bronze Member
    Wow he just texted and asked when I was free this week

Platinum Member
    1. He obviously has a gf
    2. You must have some self respect not to fall for that. He just wants an ego boost.
    3. He sounds like an idiot. Raise your standards, stop digging underground.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice