LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting over advice

Silver Member
    Do you have any friends / family where you currently live or in Florida? Getting through tough times in life is so much better with a nice support group.

Also, I agree with Cherylyn. It doesn't matter where you are, it takes time to heal. One day, all of this will be memories of a distant past. In the meantime, wishing you plenty of strength to get through this!

I moved away after a tough breakup. It was the best decision I could have made. My life is great, I have wonderful friends and best of all, I have no feelings at all for my ex.

Silver Member
    I was going to add (but couldn't edit my message any more):

With Christmas and NYE approaching, I truly believe it will be advantageous for you to be surrounded by good friends / family, anyone you are close to who can help you survive this festive season. Wherever you are, stay connected to your support group. That's what has worked for me.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I moved away after a tough breakup. It was the best decision I could have made. My life is great, I have wonderful friends and best of all, I have no feelings at all for my ex.
    I moved away from him 8 months ago, but nothing has been working so I'm hoping going somewhere completely new will help. I hope to have that happen for me one day soon. Thank you!

Originally Posted by greendots
    I was going to add (but couldn't edit my message any more):

With Christmas and NYE approaching, I truly believe it will be advantageous for you to be surrounded by good friends / family, anyone you are close to who can help you survive this festive season. Wherever you are, stay connected to your support group. That's what has worked for me.
    I definitely notice it being very hard at this time of year since it's my first year alone. Unfortunately the few friends I have are back in the state where I used to live but I'm going to be around family in a different area with no memories so hopefully that will help a little bit. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Geminifeed
    I moved away from him 8 months ago, but nothing has been working so I'm hoping going somewhere completely new will help. I hope to have that happen for me one day soon. Thank you!
    But you're still looking at his social media...correct?

What reason do you have for not deleting him or "unfollowing" him?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    But you're still looking at his social media...correct?

What reason do you have for not deleting him or "unfollowing" him?
    No good reasons. Mostly because unfortunately I still love him and I feel bad deleting him because he wants to "stay friends and in each other's lives". I stopped using Facebook because of his passive aggressive posts towards me and because of him commenting on my posts since I don't want to engage, but I also feel bad ignoring him. I did unfollow him on Instagram I just see his stories if they come up on a preview.

Originally Posted by Geminifeed
    No good reasons. Mostly because unfortunately I still love him and I feel bad deleting him because he wants to "stay friends and in each other's lives". I stopped using Facebook because of his passive aggressive posts towards me and because of him commenting on my posts since I don't want to engage, but I also feel bad ignoring him. I did unfollow him on Instagram I just see his stories if they come up on a preview.
    I can assure you this is the very reason why you're struggling to move on.

He gets to dump you and immediately get into a relationship with someone else, do it right in front of you and make ridiculous demands that you remain in his orbit and in his fan club...but YOU "feel bad" about deleting him off of social media?

Sorry to hear this. First you move out and back to your parents, now you're running this by him. It won't make him miss you a or reconcile. You need to stop talking to him.

My advice remains the same as on your other thread about this topic: [Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. First you move out and back to your parents, now you're running this by him. It won't make him miss you a or reconcile. You need to stop talking to him.

My advice remains the same as on your other thread about this topic: [Register to see the link]
    I haven't actually talked to him about moving recently. He told me not to do it and that I wouldn't like it before I moved in March and the last time I talked to him (I messaged him on his birthday in September because I'm stupid) he asked if I moved there yet, which he clearly knew I didn't because he watches everything I post and can see where I am and who I'm with. I think it's also in my head that I seek his approval because he always was trying to fix me and knew what was best for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice