LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex unblocked me

Ex unblocked me

She broke up with me almost 2 months ago. I shared my story here.

enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562310

After begging her for a few weeks and getting nowhere I gave up. It's been 24 days of complete NC. I stopped sending her emails, and removed every trace of myself from all social media and pretty much vanished.

Last night she unblocked me on whatsapp out of nowhere. I guess to me this feels like a big deal, because Whatsapp was our main method of communicating for many years.

Why would she unblock me now? I got filled with anxiety when I saw her profile picture, filled me with false hope, and it is setting me back in healing. I accepted it is over and was trying to move on, now I am feeling very confused/anxious.

I am still blocked on her instagram, and she deactivated or deleted her facebook profile shortly after we broke up.

Anyone experience anything like this? In my mind I know there are two possible reasons.

1 she figures I have moved on and unblocked me because there is no reason to keep me blocked because she knows I will not contact her (but why keep me blocked on instagram, and why does she not re-activate her facebook profile?)

2 she unblocked me to see if I jump at the chance of talking to her, because she misses me and wants to know if I am still pining for her.

Last month she threw me a few bread crumbs, texted me and said she misses me, that I am the only man that ever loved her, I will always be in her heart etc. Blah. I don't know what to think anymore.

I am afraid this is just prolonging my suffering and I am reading too much into it..... can anyone help me understand her mentality?(long shot I know)

Even those that choose to end a relationship go through a grieving process. Doesn't translate into wanting to reconcile.
    I've done the same thing. Just curiosity, that's all.
    Anything other than a yes is a no.
    Don't read into it and don't let it set you back.

Platinum Member
    She's probably low on cash, and hoping you'll eventually send more money to her.

You indicated in your last thread you sent money throughout your relationship. You jumped through all kinds of hoops to get her approved for a K1 visa to join you in the US, and she pulled out.

It would be best if you block and delete her so you don't waste any more time, energy or money on this woman.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Dmk1986e
    She broke up with me almost 2 months ago. I shared my story here.

enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562310

After begging her for a few weeks and getting nowhere I gave up. It's been 24 days of complete NC. I stopped sending her emails, and removed every trace of myself from all social media and pretty much vanished.

Last night she unblocked me on whatsapp out of nowhere. I guess to me this feels like a big deal, because Whatsapp was our main method of communicating for many years.

Why would she unblock me now? I got filled with anxiety when I saw her profile picture, filled me with false hope, and it is setting me back in healing. I accepted it is over and was trying to move on, now I am feeling very confused/anxious.

I am still blocked on her instagram, and she deactivated or deleted her facebook profile shortly after we broke up.

Anyone experience anything like this? In my mind I know there are two possible reasons.

1 she figures I have moved on and unblocked me because there is no reason to keep me blocked because she knows I will not contact her (but why keep me blocked on instagram, and why does she not re-activate her facebook profile?)

2 she unblocked me to see if I jump at the chance of talking to her, because she misses me and wants to know if I am still pining for her.

Last month she threw me a few bread crumbs, texted me and said she misses me, that I am the only man that ever loved her, I will always be in her heart etc. Blah. I don't know what to think anymore.

I am afraid this is just prolonging my suffering and I am reading too much into it..... can anyone help me understand her mentality?(long shot I know)
    Go with the obvious (what a lot of people won't do around here). They're thinking about you and opened up a door to future communication. That's what you should take away from it.

Gold Member
    Tread carefully. As someone stated above anything other than "yes I want to try again" is a no. No matter how vague or hinty it is.

I think she's just curious or seeing if you will keep sending her money but it's your call.

Platinum Member
    She's low on funds and her other marks aren't coming through.

Please, please block her and focus on being emotionally present for your child.

Please try and move on. This is not the way to treat a loved on, specially on a long distance relationship.

I have blocked an ex, mainly for me, as it creates massive havoc in my emotional well being. Did not want him back at all, but still hurting at that point. It was just the reality.

Platinum Member
    I just read your precious thread. It's blatantly shockingly clear SHE'S USING you.

She unblocked purely because her money has dried up and she's wanting to hit you up for more money. After all, you're her personal bank aren't you?

Please keep her blocked. She was scamming you and that's all it was. Don't believe her if she finds a way to contact you. Rmemeber, it's just for money and more attention. You aren't a toy and a doorstep mat, so time to stop acting like one.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by TimeToGrowUp
    Go with the obvious (what a lot of people won't do around here). They're thinking about you and opened up a door to future communication. That's what you should take away from it.
    You are correct!! She is absolutely thinking about him. And she is definitely wanting to open a door for future communication with him. In particularly to provide him with her bank details.

Sorry this is happening. When you invest as much as you have in this, the loss seems greater. Like gambling. High risk, high investment and when you lose what you wagered it sting is even more. She may have a new phone or reinstalled apps, who knows.

What you do know is that you want to get back to the craps table for more highs. This is why you leave the door open like this and have far from "vanished". You want to quit being taken but like compulsive gambling, it's very hard to stop.
    Originally Posted by Dmk1986e
    It's been 24 days of complete NC. I stopped sending her emails, and removed every trace of myself from all social media and pretty much vanished.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice