LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having second thoughts about separation

Platinum Member
    It's funny, I know some women who resented their husbands going to work while they stayed home with the newborn! They think "Yeah, he gets to go to work and be around adults all day long and have adult conversations while I spend my days wiping poop and cleaning up barf and being a human milking machine."

I am also glad you're going to counseling. Becoming new parents is tough and you probably could use some helpful guidance. And so can your husband.

Platinum Member
    I'm really glad you're going to go to counseling. Of course your feelings are your feelings but it's your reactions to your feelings and how you treat him and the family that matters. Of course you shouldn't try not to feel things. But you can work on how you react.

He does get to be home with them. And remind yourself all the time how very hard a job it is to be home with two babies.

Good to hear you two are going to counseling - this is without a doubt the time for it.

You're both new to this, don't give up on each other quickly; need to find your groove and learn how to operate as a family now.

When I read your post, I too thought...OMG...Family counseling!! Staying home with babies IS a full time job too! My ex husband and I use to fight about 'who gets to go to the grocery store'....to get AWAY from the demanding newborns! lol I stayed married to a man I couldn't stand for 20 years just to raise a family (not the best idea, but I don't regret it) I'm sure you can get your emotions in check, and realize at least you still love the man. Resentment kills love faster than anything...so yes....counseling before the resentment grows any further!

He sounds like a great guy....other than you being resentful that he's not the primary wage earner, you never complained about anything else. No yelling, no meaness, not a slob, loves the kids, wants to work...etc. etc. etc. Do you know who many women would LOVE to have what you do?

Think about that! I think that him being gone for even less than a week...made you rethink your priorities. You're on the right track, now don't think you're taking him back out of 'pity' or a convenient babysitter.

Think of this as just a rough patch....AND PATCH IT UP!!!

Multiple accounts are not allowed...Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice