Does he like me or not?

Maryx

So,I used to go to a specific university and we where at the same group of friends.I had a crush on him but he didn't show much interest. Then I was transferred to another university and he started texting me all of a sudden. He had never texted me before.He texted things like "when are you starting your exams?" or "You always appreciate my sense of humor" ( I reacted haha to one of his facebook posts).He now and then sends totally RANDOM things and he's the one that starts the conversation.I'm confused because 1) he might be the flirty guy and does that to many girls 2) he didn't show that he was interested at the beginning.

Can you enlighten me about his actions and what do they mean?

How far away do you live from each other now? If he lives close by and doesn't ask you out, it likely means he knows you have a crush on him and he's feeding his ego with attention from a fan. If you live far from him, it could mean the same thing, but now you're at a safe distance that he doesn't have to ask you out and has an excuse.

He doesn't sound shy to me, and you call him flirty. I wouldn't let a cat bat me around like I was his toy if all he does is talk the talk but can't walk the walk. If this flirty banter has gone on more than a few weeks without any concrete plans, stop wasting your emotional energy on a dead end.

If you want to know and the uncertainty is getting to you that much then the simple solution is just to ask. Knowing one wya or the other is better than being stuck in uncertainty surely?

I'm old fashioned, but I don't think the girl should ever ask, it gives away the power and invites guys who will reciprocate interest just to get an easy lay.

Oh,I forgot to say that we met at a party and he asked me if I liked someone in the university I went and also he asked me :"With how many guys did you sleep since you left ?"

Ps1.Can you believe it?

Ps2.thank you for expressing your opinion!!I appreciate it!

I think he’s just being flirty.

Oh,I forgot to say that we met at a party and he asked me if I liked someone in the university I went and also he asked me :"With how many guys did you sleep since you left ?”

What an odd question to randomly ask at a party.

Oh,I forgot to say that we met at a party and he asked me if I liked someone in the university I went and also he asked me :"With how many guys did you sleep since you left ?"

Ps1.Can you believe it?

Ps2.thank you for expressing your opinion!!I appreciate it!

That seems rather creepy. Unless it is in the context of some sort of truth or dare game. If not, what do you actually like about this guy? I assume you must have a crush, otherwise why do you care if he likes you?

Are you dating anyone locally at your university? Focus on that. If he's not asking you out you can assume he is not that interested or has a gf. Maybe he just wants attention and senses you have a crush on him.

Focus on guys who show clear cut interest and ask you out. Don't chase castles in the air and miss out on real opportunities while engaged in go-nowhere text chitchat..

I had a crush on him but he didn't show much interest. Then I was transferred to another university and he started texting me all of a sudden. He had never texted me before.He texted things like "when are you starting your exams?" or "You always appreciate my sense of humor"
I assume that I'm very curious about what he is might up to.I am not in his life at all.It really makes me wonder what he has to earn ,considering this random and totally unrelatable actions.

He may like you, he may not. If he reaches out and you're curious about what he's been up to, just ask "hey, what have you been up to"?

However, I still find it peculiar he asked such an intrusive question when you've barely had any interaction with him.

Ps1.Can you believe it?

What I can't believe is that you didn't block his number and delete him as a Facebook friend after that rude/sleazy/disrespectful comment. Your lack of self worth will continue to attract men who will use you for whatever their sick needs are. You value the attention more than you value yourself, because any self-respecting woman wouldn't be curious about what's going on in his head about you. She'd be saying, "What a jerk." And be blocking and deleting so fast without a care what the idiot thinks.

Please read some articles on boosting your self esteem so you can learn who to accept in your life and who to cut off. Take care.

You are right.I guess I overvalued him due to his physical appearance .At first, I thought that his question was for fun but now I realize he is a jerk.

Don’t value a person based on their appearance.

Aim for being and finding someone kind and respectful. Physical appearance is an added luxury.

Not to worry. I’ve had similar comments thrown at me out of left field. It certainly puts things in perspective.

Archived