LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Landlady, normal or not?

Originally Posted by AutumnBorn
    It's not normal, but can she come in weekly? Does she do windows?

Let it go. She's trying to stage the place for optimum visualization.
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Yep, I'm with this. Life is tough enough without working myself up over personalizing stuff that's transactional. I'd start packing and cleaning since I'll need to do it anyway, and throw my personal or expensive stuff into a locked suitcase on days when she's showing. I'd think of it a 'hotel' living, where people do normally come in while I'm out, until I'm out of there, and call it a day.
    She can't nor comes unless she says beforehand and I approve and I think she never comes in when I'm not here. But yes, I'll be moving in two months and that's what I should be focusing on. Everything that's inside this apartment is mine, so I should also be focusing in selling it all since I'm not taking anything with me and do as you say, put my personal belongings in a safe place, since apparently they're not off limits to her.

Originally Posted by Annia
    She can't nor comes unless she says beforehand and I approve and I think she never comes in when I'm not here. But yes, I'll be moving in two months and that's what I should be focusing on. Everything that's inside this apartment is mine, so I should also be focusing in selling it all since I'm not taking anything with me and do as you say, put my personal belongings in a safe place, since apparently they're not off limits to her.
    Ah! Well, if you're selling your stuff, why not view this woman through the lens of an ally instead of an adversary? Ask the woman if she'd mind letting all prospects know that your stuff is for sale, and give her some cards with your contact info. You can label the stuff you're selling with an asking price.

I once sold everything I wanted to shed this way to the woman who would rent my place, so nobody needed to move any furniture or my fridge or air conditioner or ceiling fan. She bought everything!

Turn annoyance into opportunity, and everyone wins.

Ah! Well, if you're selling your stuff, why not view this woman through the lens of an ally instead of an adversary? Ask the woman if she'd mind letting all prospects know that your stuff is for sale, and give her some cards with your contact info. You can label the stuff you're selling with an asking price.

I once sold everything I wanted to shed this way to the woman who would rent my place, so nobody needed to move any furniture or my fridge or air conditioner or ceiling fan. She bought everything!

Turn annoyance into opportunity, and everyone wins.
    She told the person who visited the apartment that I wanted to sell everything and she's interested in buying my furniture so I'll send all the info, pics and prices to my landlady. It's a huge relief for me if she wants everything because I really don't want to take anything with me. I'll be moving to the opposite side of the country, very far away from here and my new landlords seem great and let me begin moving my stuff before the agreed moving date, so I think everything will be fine. I was just upset with her touching my personal belongings, towels and stuff, but I shouldn't let this cloud this new opportunity presented in front of me. Let's hope that this person gets the apartment and all my stuff so I can focus on other things.

She told the person who visited the apartment that I wanted to sell everything and she's interested in buying my furniture so I'll send all the info, pics and prices to my landlady. It's a huge relief for me if she wants everything because I really don't want to take anything with me. I'll be moving to the opposite side of the country, very far away from here and my new landlords seem great and let me begin moving my stuff before the agreed moving date, so I think everything will be fine. I was just upset with her touching my personal belongings, towels and stuff, but I shouldn't let this cloud this new opportunity presented in front of me. Let's hope that this person gets the apartment and all my stuff so I can focus on other things.
    Don't leave managing any 'interest' up to landlady, ask if she'll obtain permission for you to contact the potential renter if landlady decides that this is someone she wants in her place. Then you can invite the person for another walk-thru with you to discuss pricing on your belongings. Meanwhile, the stuff is still up for grabs, so continue marketing via Crag's list, local eBay, or wherever you intend to post.

This is a wonderful development for you, Annia. I remember you weren't all that thrilled or comfortable with your current job location, so I hope you'll thrive and enjoy this change!

^^^ I think that's good advice, Annia.

All the best to you in your new location.

Don't leave managing any 'interest' up to landlady, ask if she'll obtain permission for you to contact the potential renter if landlady decides that this is someone she wants in her place. Then you can invite the person for another walk-thru with you to discuss pricing on your belongings. Meanwhile, the stuff is still up for grabs, so continue marketing via Crag's list, local eBay, or wherever you intend to post.

This is a wonderful development for you, Annia. I remember you weren't all that thrilled or comfortable with your current job location, so I hope you'll thrive and enjoy this change!
    Thanks for all the advice.

Yes, I was very unhappy here. I was lucky that I got a job in the city I actually want to live in. It will also be much easier to travel to my country and visit family more often. I'm very excited for this new chapter in my life. Thank you!

Thanks for all the advice.

Yes, I was very unhappy here. I was lucky that I got a job in the city I actually want to live in. It will also be much easier to travel to my country and visit family more often. I'm very excited for this new chapter in my life. Thank you!
    CongrAts, Annia. You did your time and now you get to reap the rewards of gaining that experience. I hope you'll keep us up to date, and keep your focus on your goal to move forward rather than allow any annoyances from the place you are leaving to interfere with your enjoyment of that.

Go you!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice