Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After 4 dates he referred to me as “great company.” What does that mean?

Platinum Member
    I think he gave you a compliment and was a gentleman about it.

What would you have done if he reacted asking to drive back and do the full mugambo?

BTW, you're 30 and he at 35 is the youngest man you've dated?

Sabrina. Great company. You ask what does that mean?

It just means what it says. It cannot be interpreted as "I want to spend my whole life with you and far beyond into eternity."

Gold Member
    I think saying you are great company is really nice. And as for not answering a couple texts, I don't think that means anything, he was probably just BUSY. :-) Don't think or worry if he's dating other people. Just have fun while you're with him. Have you planned another date?

The response was way too ambiguous to tell.

Just 4 dates in, you aren't even a stage where you can say you are dating, casually or otherwise, let alone create relationship type expectations like texting/talking every evening.

What he said was a nice compliment, but you, OP, need take a deep breath and slow your roll. You seem to be getting way ahead of yourself.

OP are you used to guys love bombing you in the beginning of a relationship? Because from my perspective, I think that's a nice compliment to pay someone.

Is he being reserved as he is still getting to know you? Yes, and that's a good thing... beware of those that throw themselves headlong into relationships and bomb you with elaborate compliments, as they are seeking something other than a long term life partner and their actions are rarely sustainable over time.

Originally Posted by Sabrina918
    ... he replied “thank you for being such great company” is that friend zoning?
    No, it's just thanking you back for spending time with him.

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Backstory is it started out very flirty but he’s not much of a communicator. I’m not that great either but I at least talk about what needs to be addressed.

We went from flirty and talking daily down to him telling me everything he eats and does. Recently he’s stopped, lots of one word answer texts and both have backed off. He even went so far as not to text me for 2.5 days only to message me the day of our date. He seems hesitant and unsure at Rome’s. He tells me I’m too much for him (claims it’s a joke) but then won’t let me just go home after a date.

Platinum Member
    After four dates why does he have to be in contact more than once or twice a week to set up and confirm the date? Sounds like he wants to get to know you in person.

"Won't let you"? Or do you mean you want more and he's not offering more than casual dating or fwb? You don't like how he texts, you don't like his expressions, you don't like how he communicates in general or how it's going so why bother dating him?
    Originally Posted by Sabrina918
    won’t let me just go home after a date.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice