LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is she not responding?

Why is she not responding?

So I called this girl from school and asked her If I could take her out on a date, and she said yes. Ive been trying to text her on snapchat to figure out the details, but she takes hours to respond. She will respond to me, and Ill text her back 10 minutes later and she wont respond for 5-6 hours after, all while her snapchat score is increasing (which means she is snapchatting other people). The last text she didnt open for 18 hours . I was so pissed off I decided I was just going to forget it. Then she responded after 18 hours saying that she was studying all day and wasnt on her phone, and then agreed to the details of the date that I told her, and agreed to go. (even though her score was increasing, which means she lied). I responded to that almost immediately after, and she hasnt opened it for 7 hours.

I think she isn't interested, and didnt have the balls to tell me no. I can't even begin to think why someone would do this. Should I call it off? I can't take this confusion

Platinum Member
    She is not interested. I doubt she will come through. Dating should not be so much work .

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    She is not interested. I doubt she will come through. Dating should not be so much work .
    I agree with you. Should I just be upfront and tell her that I can see she isnt interested enough and that it would save both of us time if we didnt go out.

Slow down. Things get a bit hazy with texts and confusing. What you're doing is reacting to jealousy right now because she is busy on the app but not with you. She did agree to see you again. It's very natural to feel a bit annoyed at first but slow it down and take a breather - go out to the park, walk to the grocery store, get an ice cream, meet up with some friends before you cancel with her. She's entitled to using her account and app the way she likes. If you're this easily irritated so early on, I'd be very careful entering into the dating realm or in looking for a relationship.

I think it's a good idea to get a better idea of what she's like on the date and see her behaviour towards you face to face. If the chemistry or spark isn't there you'll feel better about calling things off if it's really no good.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Slow down. Things get a bit hazy with texts and confusing. What you're doing is reacting to jealousy right now because she is busy on the app but not with you. She did agree to see you again. It's very natural to feel a bit annoyed at first but slow it down and take a breather - go out to the park, walk to the grocery store, get an ice cream, meet up with some friends before you cancel with her. She's entitled to using her account and app the way she likes. If you're this easily irritated so early on, I'd be very careful entering into the dating realm or in looking for a relationship.

I think it's a good idea to get a better idea of what she's like on the date and see her behaviour towards you face to face. If the chemistry or spark isn't there you'll feel better about calling things off if it's really no good.
    The way I see it, if she doesnt even care enough to figure out the details then what is even the point. The only way I could be totally wrong, is if she genuinely is so busy on the app that she cant respond to me for 18 hours,which seems too ridiculous to even be accurate.

Originally Posted by hide
    The way I see it, if she doesnt even care enough to figure out the details then what is even the point.
    You initially said she did agree to the details of the date:
    Then she responded after 18 hours saying that she was studying all day and wasnt on her phone, and then agreed to the details of the date that I told her, and agreed to go.
    Unless she tells you otherwise, consider the date a go.

I went back to your first post - is there a reason why you didn't just pick up and call her to figure out the logistics? She could have felt that it was a bit passive of you to text. Another alternative next time is to ask someone out in person especially if you see that person daily or regularly at school. I personally don't like texting back and forth about logistics and details on meeting. I like it when a date calls or asks if I'm free in person. There's something so much more magical about that.

If you're really not feeling it and very negative about her behaviour in general, I agree with you to cancel the thing and don't waste each others' time. That's no way to go into a date if you're already furious or annoyed with her.

My idea is not to cancel so quickly if you're neutral about it or have some ability to see things differently. There are also other ways (better ways) to iron out any logistics or asking someone out.

Gold Member
    If you have organized a date, dress nice/turn up/ have a good time.

If not, don't push - if she is interested she'll get back to you.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    What you're doing is reacting to jealousy right now because she is busy on the app but not with you.
    No, hes just reacting to rudeness.

Wow!
    Is this what dating has come to? Her score?

Here is a novel idea and I know it is way out there but how about you actually call her on the phone. Yes that's right I mean have a voice conversation with her. Ask her when she is free and then set up a date for that day/time. If she doesn't answer then don't leave a message. Call her one more time when you have pretty good idea she is free to talk and if she still doesn't answer drop the whole thing because she has shown you clearly that she is not interested.

Who knows the phone call may be so out of the ordinary that she might just think you are special and got out with you.

Lost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice