Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How can I learn to go to work when I desperately don't want to?

I'm thinking back when I was your age. I think your problem is that you've had it too easy all your life. You weren't desperate as I was. My father died when I was young girl. I've worked ever since I was 14 years old as a waitress at my parent's restaurant business, worked at an amusement park, worked my way through college, worked full time night shift while financially supporting my widowed mother and siblings and life was darned hard! I didn't have time to wallow in my misery and pity pot. I was too busy putting food on the table. When I transferred to my full time day shift job, I felt grateful to be able to get ahead in life.

I think your problem is that you don't have a life other than work. You need outlets and balance. If you're religious, join a church, get involved with serving at church, ministry groups and savor being with your brethren. Or, volunteer in your community, do charitable good works, for example. If not, expand your social life in a safe, healthy, moral way. Surround yourself with upstanding people outside your work life so you have a happy schedule and work-life balance. Then when you realize other people are doing the same thing as you are with work and having a happy life outside work, you'll be convinced that this is how life is. People work, play, enjoy their own time, have bills to pay, families, friends and repeat. Welcome to the real world, Malvinka.

You need an attitude adjustment. Think differently. When you can afford it, get a roommate and move out. You'll enjoy your financial independence.

Take good care of your health. Make time for exercise. You'll feel better mentally and physically. You'll become a more positive person with high self esteem, self worth and confidence. Make a change.

My advice remains the same: [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Malvinka
    Hello, I'm a 24 year old girl and my parents supported me financially.
    It's been 1 week since I started my first job and I'm horrified if I'll ever get used to this lifestyle. I realize that I have no other alternative but to work since otherwise, I will have to become a homeless person, which is the worst.

Gold Member
    Having browsed both threads I have formed the view that this is a troll.

If I am wrong, then the answer is the OP should get some professional help for avoidance behaviors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice