Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good first date, slow contact afterwards, advice?

Why not just ask her out to dinner or a movie or a nice walk point blank for this weekend, this Friday night or Saturday afternoon, for instance?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by 2005TAHOE
    I did this, I sent "hey there! Its been crazy at work this morning, how are you doing?" then if she responds then I will ask her out again
    What kind of response do you expect from this? "I'm fine, how are you"??? And that will result in what? You'll be exactly where you are right now.

Why won't you ask her out on another date?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    What kind of response do you expect from this? "I'm fine, how are you"??? And that will result in what? You'll be exactly where you are right now.

Why won't you ask her out on another date?
    im trying, shes been responding to just about anything that I have sent and the same with me. She isnt responding now, 2 hours later. if she responds then I will ask her out on a second date.

I'm doing a face-palm here....

Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    I'm doing a face-palm here....
    why? We are all here to learn and share our issues, not get attacked for trying to get advice

Platinum Member
    If your end goal is to go on another date with her, sending her lame "how are you?" texts is not the way to go about it.

Also, making rules like "she has to respond to my latest text or I'm not asking her out" is pointless because she doesn't know you've made that rule.

TBH, you're coming across like you're really, really afraid. Are you afraid she'll say "no" if you ask her out again? Do you want some kind of assurance that she'll be a "sure thing"? Because we all take risks when we like someone. Holding back out of fear will get you nowhere.

Haven't you ever done something you were a little afraid to do? If so, how did it turn out?

why? We are all here to learn and share our issues, not get attacked for trying to get advice
    No attack intended. I just think you need to relax!

Not face-palming here, but:

You aren't quite "trying" to ask her out again. You sincerely want to see her again, yes, but what you are doing is hedging, which is the opposite of sincere. You are "trying" to get her to show you some "sign" that she'll say yes—or, better yet, to get her to do the heavy lifting so you don't have to risk rejection.

Cool, as I said. But own it. You are choosing to shoot sideways instead of straight, like going to the party through the kitchen instead of the front door. Some people do this, and some people respond to it. Many don't. When faced with the choice between caring for a child and soothing a man, many mothers will choose the former. And bless them for it.

Ask her out. Don't fish with lame chitchat. The bait you want for a date is asking her out in a confident manner. Why would anyone respond to this text? Sounds like something you would send a coworker or to set the table to not ask her out because you're "crazy busy" at work. Try to avoid nonsense communication. This game you're playing is silly. Your turn-my turn etc.

You see this is not a good test of anything. You say "if she responds", However she may not respond because you are sending silly texts and not asking her out.
    I did this, I sent "hey there! Its been crazy at work this morning, how are you doing?" then if she responds then I will ask her out again

She texted me this morning! Saying that she had a rough day. told her that I was sorry and that I had a really good time Saturday night and would love to see you again. She said "Maybe we can plan something for the following weekend bc I have my son this weekend."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice