LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex Boyfriend Invited me to dinner/movies

Ex Boyfriend Invited me to dinner/movies

Maybe some of you have read my previous posts and whatnot but the summary of it is im 18 and he is 19, we dated for three years and broke up almost 6 months ago. At first we became fwb but i broke it off in august/early September.

Yesterday night my ex and I were talking (we have been in regular contact) and I asked how his party was on friday night and he said it was okay and admitted that while he was out at a party he realised how ungrateful he was. He has jokingly said “can i be your boyfriend” or maybe seriously im not sure but usually I brush it off. Yesterday he asked if we could go out for dinner and movies I havent exactly gave him an answer as I am getting ready for an event. During this time we both have not seen or spoken to anyone new.

Does anyone have any tips on how i should take this on. I don’t exactly want to get back without easing into it. I do still have feelings for him.

Platinum Member
    If you want to have dinner and see a movie with him I don't see why not. I very strongly recommend you do NOT end the evening with sex, however.

Go along with it without expectations. Keep your legs closed.

Platinum Member
    He's still trying to get sex out of you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    If you want to have dinner and see a movie with him I don't see why not. I very strongly recommend you do NOT end the evening with sex, however.
    She always sleeps with him, that's why he wanted fwb.
    This guy does not respect her the way she deserves, she's just wasting her time.

I can't help but think he doesn't have the best of intentions. However, I do agree with others as in refusing to sleep with him, and hopefully you'll go with that advice.

In short, when all is said and done he'll either sink or swim, yet you'll have your answer.

Platinum Member
    He's looking to get laid.

You need to go no contact! Time to move on!

Platinum Member
    You keep on doing the same thing, expecting a different result. Why do you even ask for our advice?

He hasn't had sex for a few days and is feeling horny.

Do not have sex with him until you feel that you can genuinely trust him. That would require a lengthy period of him being consistent. If you think you can do that, then go out with him. But you need to leave your expectations out the door for a long time if you are going to do that as he may bolt again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice