LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex Boyfriend Invited me to dinner/movies

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    If you want to have dinner and see a movie with him I don't see why not. I very strongly recommend you do NOT end the evening with sex, however.
    Iíve already said i didnt want sex and he said it was fine. The thing is his birthday is also a few days aterwards if we do go out should we split the bill,let him pay or should i pay.

I agree dont have sex with him. As for who pays, split the bill.

Originally Posted by Ellaho
    Iíve already said i didnt want sex and he said it was fine. The thing is his birthday is also a few days aterwards if we do go out should we split the bill,let him pay or should i pay.
    I don't think it's a good idea to go out with him since you two broke up. However, if you really want to go out with him and still have feelings for him, then it sounds like you really want to be with him. Enforce healthy boundaries. Remain polite yet firm.

I honestly do not know why anyone is even entertaining the idea of OP should meet her ex. The conditions of the pseudo-date seems irrelevant to me.

She is clearly not over him. He clearly does not respect her. His motives are crystal clear, her lack of boundaries is obvious. The result is going to be predictable. Even if he does not charm her panties off on this occasion, she is going to be asking "he did x, he did y, what does it mean? does he love me? should I give him another chance?" in a few days.

Platinum Member
    I'm with you, MirrorKnight.

I see this ending badly for you, OP. You are going to get your hopes up and he will more than likely dash them all over again.

Personally, I would not go. But you will, because you desperately want him back. Just keep your friends and family close by for the inevitable next round of heartache.

OP, this is a guy who was selfish enough to try to have his cake and eat it too with you. He is someone who has demonstrated capability of putting his sexual urges above your emotional and mental well-being. Remember that. It is very unlikely that things will end up the way you wish. Ideally, you should realize this and walk away. If you need to give it one last shot, imo, that's ok but you need to have zero expectations going in. This guy sounds too young and too immature to do the right thing. It's on you to protect yourself.

You are not seeking advice and wish to continue your fwb situation and that's fine.

[Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Ellaho
    Iím a 18F, my ex (19M) have been broken up for nearly 4 months after a 3 year relationship. Guess considering my indecisiveness its best to start a journal instead of asking for advice. Since our breakup, we have continued contact and had a fwb situation

You are a big girl, you will be able to figure things out on your own.

Platinum Member
    He wants birthday sex. He won't see you as anything else. So why not turn him down, stop contacting him like you should have done all along and when you are ready meet someone afresh and decide you won't be a sex toy - that you are going to date properly.

Platinum Member
    "Can I be your boyfriend?" was a line he used because he wanted to fish for information. How you reacted would of determined how he proceeded. Since you brushed it off, that gave him permission to continue to pursue you.
    Remember. Spoiled milk doesn't get better if you put it back in the fridge. You two broke up for a reason and you should just let him go because there is better out there for you.
    But since you like him you two will get back and he is going to lie to you to get you back. I know I would be telling you whatever you want to hear so I can get back with you. So remember to make him back up his words with actions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice