I have a big, ridiculous crush on my female OB/Gyn.

AwkwardCrush

I identify a a heterosexual woman. I’m very happily married to a man and we have an awesome partnership. The only relationships I have ever been in have been with men. I have never been attracted to another female before. Acknowledged that another female was beautiful and cool? Sure. But never had any sexual feelings toward a woman. Yet I cannot stop thinking about/feeling attracted to my female OB/GYN.

It’s seriously like a switch flipped during this past year when I was under her care while I was pregnant. She’s gorgeous. She’s funny. We have similar interests and hobbies. She’s got killer legs. She’s an excellent physician. If I didn’t feel this inexplicable sexual attraction to her, I’d think I just really wanted to be her friend.

I’m sure this is some weird, Freudian-esque/transference thing that I should unpack in a nice, long therapy session, but it’s seriously making me a little crazy. I have sex dreams about her. I think about her daily. I had an appointment with her a couple of weeks ago and I was damn near giddy (to go to the GYNECOLOGIST. .) to be in the same room with her. Clearly I would never, ever act on this or even say it out loud (except on here), but I had to vent somewhere.

Do I find a new doctor? How do I get over this idiotic crush?

What's your relationship with your husband like? Do you have what you might call a happy marriage? I'm asking for more details on your marriage even though you've said you're happily married. Are either of you as close during your pregnancy or is he more standoffish with sex etc?

Keep reminding yourself that you are married. If you feel yourself unable to put things in perspective or find your relationship with your husband is affected by your feelings for someone else, it's a good idea to find another doctor. Usually when people stray in marriages or relationships it's because there's something or quite a whole lot missing in their lives. If you feel like you'd leave your marriage over it, you're likely not has happy as you think you are in your marriage.

Sexuality or gender doesn't matter much although it might shock you if this type of thing has never happened to you before. It's natural to feel attracted to people in general who may possess qualities that either you wish you have or you wish your husband had. Your doctor may be a reflection of all the qualities you find important in a woman and you may respect her a great deal. There's nothing wrong with appreciation and respect for others. You should be able to tell the difference between appreciation/respect or something else and whether the root of all this is deep-seated unrest or unhappiness with your marriage (you may be in denial).

What is your sex life like with your husband?

Is it a lights off kinda thing?

Perhaps it’s the comfortable feeling of getting naked in front of another baring all , lights on , close up examination and no judgment that you like??

Geez I’ve had Brazilian waxes from ladies who then close up tweeze out anything they might have missed while on all fours but not been that comfortable with a partner. Lol

It may be for the best to find another Dr.

If you’re able to keep this crush as just that, a crush then you should be fine, but if you find yourself considering crossing some boundaries then yes, time for a new Dr.

FWIW, I get girl crushes, although not necessarily sexual, even if I recognize they are sexy, it’s more of an admiration, I’ve never had one go further than a crush but I do in a way understand.

If you want to go to therapy, that's fine. However this would make a great script for a reality show episode.

I identify a a heterosexual woman. I’m very happily married to a man and we have an awesome partnership. The only relationships I have ever been in have been with men. I have never been attracted to another female before. Acknowledged that another female was beautiful and cool? Sure. But never had any sexual feelings toward a woman. Yet I cannot stop thinking about/feeling attracted to my female OB/GYN.

It’s seriously like a switch flipped during this past year when I was under her care while I was pregnant. She’s gorgeous. She’s funny. We have similar interests and hobbies. She’s got killer legs. She’s an excellent physician. If I didn’t feel this inexplicable sexual attraction to her, I’d think I just really wanted to be her friend.

I’m sure this is some weird, Freudian-esque/transference thing that I should unpack in a nice, long therapy session, but it’s seriously making me a little crazy. I have sex dreams about her. I think about her daily. I had an appointment with her a couple of weeks ago and I was damn near giddy (to go to the GYNECOLOGIST. .) to be in the same room with her. Clearly I would never, ever act on this or even say it out loud (except on here), but I had to vent somewhere.

Do I find a new doctor? How do I get over this idiotic crush?

Since you're thinking of your crush daily, yes, that doesn't usually happen to a person who has a strong emotional connection with their spouse. Even though you two might get along fine, this is a warning sign that your marriage needs some extra effort to reignite a spark.

First, find a new gynecologist, just as if you were having an emotional affair with a co-worker, that interaction needs to end.

And then pour your energy into doing things that will have you fantasizing about your husband. Go to a couples store together and pick out new stuff to use in the bedroom. While he's at work, text him what he can expect for that evening's adventure. Get a babysitter at least once a month for a date day or night. Take turns planning outings that aren't the usual mundane things. Be creative. When he sees you putting in the effort, he will likely respond with his own efforts. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

For the sake of continuity of really good care, I wouldn't ditch my doctor just because I've formed a celebrity crush on her.

You're aware of transference, so why not find a really hot woman therapist so you can transfer the crush onto her? She'll help you work it through while putting your focus back onto your marriage and identifying what's lacking there.

For the sake of continuity of really good care, I wouldn't ditch my doctor just because I've formed a celebrity crush on her.

You're aware of transference, so why not find a really hot woman therapist so you can transfer the crush onto her? She'll help you work it through while putting your focus back onto your marriage and identifying what's lacking there.

Yes, I wanted to revise what i wrote that certainly don't switch during your pregnancy.

Archived