Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think she went back to ex, not responding to me

Thank you everyone for your responses. I decided to leave it alone, itís been about week now. Her behaviour was extremely rude and uncalled for and I didnít deserve that.

Some of you have said sheís gone back to the ex and while you are probably right, she just recently posted a screenshot of her on a dating app so who knows really what happened there.

Friends of mine have said that sheís definitely going to message me again when I return, bc none of them think it will last. But I donít think itís a good idea to respond, itíll just be more games and bs.

Gold Member
    Spot on OP. Block and delete serves you best here.

If I can be honest, it hard for me to commit to the block and delete at this point, and so I havenít done that yet. However her true colours have been shown now... and my opinion of her has changed.

Iím still planning on returning, however sheís not in my plans anymore. Maybe down the road Iíll block her and delete.

Itís just very unfortunate is all. But at least I know that I really didnít do anything wrong and deserve better. Iím also certain that the off and on again ex will fizzle and I donít want to be the guy she runs to when it eventually goes south

Gold Member
    It's easy to fall into the trap of waiitng for someone to choose you so just be careful. Shes shown her true colours.

Exactly, don't be the shoulder to cry on or be relegated to the friendzone.
    Originally Posted by Apollo99
    However her true colours have been shown now... and my opinion of her has changed. I donít want to be the guy she runs to when it eventually goes south

Gold Member
    I'm glad you're taking a step back, but I wanted to address your personal issue around "burning bridges." Backing off is not burning a bridge. While clumsy and rude, she made her wishes known, and that is, she's not interested in maintaining any type of quasi romance with you right now, and you are "taking the hint." You are not burning a bridge. On the contrary, if you return to the city and should you choose to stay, you may actually be desirable again to pursue. Whether you wish to travel that path a second time is up to you. As it stands, you have not created any turmoil or conflict, and as far as I'm concerned, I see this situation ending on relatively good terms. This girl isn't stupid. She knows what she's doing.

I agree with the above poster who stated that this girl created conflict as some subconscious way to push you away, so she wouldn't have to actually "break up" or tell you, "I'm seeing other people (my ex boyfriend) and we can't talk and flirt like this anymore." Basically she was throwing hints...making things unpleasant enough for you, you would take that hint and stop contacting her...and you have complied successfully.

I agree with the fact that now that this girl is really not an option, it does leave your mind clear about your future...will you stay in the old city? Will you stay in the new city? Will you move on to other lands? You shouldn't base your decisions on a girl you've known for just a few short weeks, and this division truly allows you to keep your priorities focused on you and your long-term goals. If this girl is meant to be, the powers that be will circle her back around into your life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice