New Year’s Eve

Jessica88

Why not? Also look for more options, it's a ways off. Why not get on dating apps and start meeting guys, perhaps you'll have a date by then.

My friend is going to a new year's eve party organized by her friend Kate. This year none of my friends are organizing the new years eve.I really don't want to spend it alone. Will it be okay if I ask my friend to ask Kate if I could join the party?
My friend is going to a new year's eve party organized by her friend Kate. This year none of my friends are organizing the new years eve.I really don't want to spend it alone. Will it be okay if I ask my friend to ask Kate if I could join the party?

Absolutely... I always did this sort of thing for New Years etc. asked to be invited to parties or what have you... or one or two of my single friends and I would organize an outing for that evening.

I would wait until it got closer. you might be invited to something after all.

I would also not ask your friend to be her plus one.

I would say "sounds like a great party. I don't think any of my friends are throwing one this year". just put it out there. She can bite or not.

you don't know if its a bash or a quiet dinner party. I would never dream of inviting myself to someone else's party, even asking overtly if i can go as someone's guest

I think "organize something" is a bit easier said done, especially if she's evidently already got friends booked elsewhere.

We hosted parties regularly. Nothing wild, but pretty much without fail a friend of my wife would ask if they could bring a friend. It was never anything other than a reflexive "of course." As long as you're not routinely riding the back of friends' social coat tails, there's nothing awkward about dropping a simple question. Be ready for the off chance the host wants to stick to a certain roster or your friend doesn't want to mix social circles, but yes or no, it's not a big deal.

Will it be okay if I ask my friend to ask Kate if I could join the party?

It's a little tacky. If it's just a house party, it will probably be OK to ask. Worst she can do is say no. If it's something with invitations & caterers etc. don't ask. Usually party hosts are accommodating to extra guests.

Archived