Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Year’s Eve

I think "organize something" is a bit easier said done, especially if she's evidently already got friends booked elsewhere.

We hosted parties regularly. Nothing wild, but pretty much without fail a friend of my wife would ask if they could bring a friend. It was never anything other than a reflexive "of course." As long as you're not routinely riding the back of friends' social coat tails, there's nothing awkward about dropping a simple question. Be ready for the off chance the host wants to stick to a certain roster or your friend doesn't want to mix social circles, but yes or no, it's not a big deal.

There are always New Year's Eve events going on at restaurants and hotel event rooms with bands and dancing if you live in or near a big city. You could ask a girlfriend to go to one of those with you.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Jessica88
    Will it be okay if I ask my friend to ask Kate if I could join the party?
    It's a little tacky. If it's just a house party, it will probably be OK to ask. Worst she can do is say no. If it's something with invitations & caterers etc. don't ask. Usually party hosts are accommodating to extra guests.

Yes, it would be ok to ask to be invited. Also, if you truly and really want to show sincere appreciation and gratitude, volunteer to help such as arriving a little early to help with set up, decorations or bring an appetizer or a yummy dish of some sort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice