Why does a girl intentionally ignore me

hide

There's a girl that I like, we used to talk a lot before summer when we had a class together. She was attracted to me. We lost contact over the summer, but now in the school year things have changed. for the first few weeks, we would greet each other in the halls and we would always make eye contact. Out of nowhere, about 3 weeks after she completely changed. She stopped making eye contact, stopped liking my posts on social media, and doing weird things. I am led to believe that she is doing this on purpose. Here is a list of strange things shes done, over the course of one month.

She went out to lunch a few times with one of my close friends, he always parks beside me so she looked over at me to make sure I saw. when people start teasing her about being with him ,she gets mad and she says that she only wants to be friends with him

the day after when I was walking with my best friend who I ALWAYS drive to lunch every day, and she asked him in front of me if he could take her out to lunch, even though she sees he goes with me everyday and that he doesnt even have a license. She asked him this infront of me and acted like I wasn't even there. Also, she drives to lunch with her friends everyday, and her car was IN the parking lot that day.

One day at lunch she parked beside me, I was in the car with that same best friend. She looked over and STARED at my friend, sort of like a playful staring contest or something, all while ignoring me.

I decided that i needed to know if she actually didnt like me or not so I went up and asked her about something casual, like university choices and school, and she was completely normal. She seemed really excited and happy to talk to me, I even found out that our schedule next semester is the EXACT same. the day after, she still wont say hi to me in the halls even after I approached her and talked to her. Im honestly sick of being confused, and her doing this weird makes me really just want to forget about it and move on. but now, im going to have to spend the entire 8 hour day at school seeing her everyday ,in every class next semester and I can't handle her playing these games. I have gotten into this cycle with her before, and the second I move on and start to forget about her she comes crawling back, weird how that works. Why is she doing this to me? What should i do?

Ok talk to her. Smile say hi, etc. It's possible she met someone over the summer. Don't rely on friends or looks or social media. Have courage to restart a conversation, if she's cool maybe she has a bf back home. Then forget it and move on.

There's a girl that I like, we used to talk a lot before summer when we had a class together. We lost contact over the summer, but now in the school year things have changed.
Move on and do nothing.

Based on information you provided. She likes your friend. She isn't trying to hurt you. Women like what they like.

I didn't make it clear. this was 2 different friends, in 2 consecutive days. I think you may be right, hopefully she leaves me alone if I move on.

What does that look like?

Lots of assumptions here for someone you're not actually in a relationship with.

Last year when she sat beside me she would touch me. she touched my legs, my hands, my shoulder. She had a boyfriend at the time so i decided to ignore her so that i didnt lead her on (since she had a boyfriend) and it made it worse. When i tried to ignore her she would look at me when i sat beside her constantly, the more I ignored her the more she would look at me. When i didnt give her attention she would get frustrated and storm off. Thats what I meant by "crawling back", rude of me to say it like that but i was not in a good mood. Youre right, I am making a lot of assumptions, but they are all based off of the small amount of facts I have. What I mean by this is that I have been through this toxic cycle of attention before, now I seem to be the one getting ignored while I constantly look at her. However, I think this time it may be different and she has given up on me, and that she has truly just lost interest. The only way to find out is to move on.

Since you said you like her, have you ever asked her out?

No. I have studied with her, and hung out with her at a pool party in the summer with 2 other girls and one of my other friends at his house, I was pretty intoxicated but I remember we talked a lot and she asked me a lot of personal questions. I never asked her out because she had a boyfriend, and she just recently became single after summer. Honestly, I’m new to dating and girls, I have never wanted a girlfriend, and I’ve had plenty of opportunities with other girls I just didn’t want to commit. I haven’t built up the courage to ask her yet, but now it seems like she is intentionally avoiding me so that I don’t feel encouraged to ask her. Girls are smart, she probably sees right through me and avoids eye contact because she knows. I can’t reject myself, but one day I’m going to have to sacrifice my ego and shoot my shot.

It doesn't really matter why she is ignoring you. You both sound too immature for a relationship to work. It sounds like her communication style is messed up and you overanalyze everything. That has incompatibility written all over it. When you find a girl who is compatible and wants the same thing as you, communication won't require that much effort. Inability to communicate = incompatibility. It may feel "exciting" but head games are never really worth it nor do they result in healthy relationships. You would be better off focusing your attention on other things/people.

Archived