This is a two pronged issue that stems from the same problem which I struggle with. Just to give some idea of myself I'm currently in intensive level EMDR I believe it's called (a type of processing therapy) and have been in various types for years. Today I had a run in with my boss whom I have a very good relationship with, which was caused by another inept person whom I refused to help due to his attitude, this person finds it funny that others take the flack for him, it's much simpler than it sounds but would take too long to explain. I was really quite upset when leaving work as I don't like the thought of, especially this person affecting my relationship with her as she was quite agitated. I had an amount of distress which I carried home with me and then I start having dark thoughts, this is what happens when I get upset. Now of course this has me thinking I'm emotionally unstable, which is probably pretty accurate. Now here's the second issue, a few weeks ago I met someone online which I swore wasn't something I thought I'd ever do, our relationship has escalated quickly, we've been on dates and I'm staying at hers in a few days, the feelings are very clearly mutual as is the attraction, but, she lives around 2 hours away, not a lot really but certainly not around the corner, and this previous event today has me concerned that if we keep getting closer, which we are doing and we're pretty much having a relationship already, if this goes south, am I going to be able to cope with that? She's voiced the same concerns in a light hearted way. And can I cope with a long distance relationship? I've got no plans of ending it at all and I genuinely am starting to care already.

Advice

Thankyou

I have never heard of it, let alone tried it, but I hope you feel better soon. If your boss suggests you do something, it's usually better that you do it rather than argue unless you fear for your own person or have some other valid complaint. Not liking someone's attitude very rarely bodes well as an excuse for not being a team player. What he chooses to do with himself is up to him. Eventually individuals like that have to deal with the consequences of their poor attitudes. Also we all have those things and those days sometimes when it seems like we're dragging ourselves in kicking and screaming into work or not as motivated as we'd like. What other therapies have you tried?

Archived