Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friend not telling me she's pregnant

It's never my place to decide what other people 'should' share. This position keeps things nice and clean for me, and whenever someone opts to share something personal, I view it as a privilege rather than a 'right' to listen.

Expectations are the enemy of peace and joy.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by sophie274
    I can think of so many reasons why someone would choose not to share a pregnancy - this is a very personal choice and I donít think itís right to have an expectation of when the person should share. No one is entitled to getting that information about someone else, and it was wrong for C to share news that was not hers to share. Personally, I chose to keep a pregnancy private for as long as possible and it was not about being secretive; it was that I preferred to keep this a private matter, and was nervous that something would go wrong and did not want to have to deal with that publicly.

If/when you see her and sheís seven months pregnant, just congratulate her and proceed as you would with anyone else.
    Completely agree. I lied to a few people so I could wait until I was in my 14th-15th week. (Like - the brie looks delicious but my stomach's been acting up a bit or "no thank you I don't want to go to your turkey baster clinic even though it's the best" -well maybe that's not a lie). Before that we only told: my sister, my parents, his parents. And a flight attendant because she was concerned that I kept using the restroom (lol just to um pee but still). Everyone understood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice