Awkward 2nd date...how to proceed?

drivenfuture

So I went on a 2nd date with a girl, and everything was going smooth, touching each other by the end of that date..I planned to kiss on the drop off..however right before we left the place we were at, my foot decided to stop working...I guess a nerve broke causing me to not be able to walk. The date ended with an awkward hug as I didnt want to exaggerate the injury. She texted the next day to see how I was doing...but idk how to proceed for next date or when my foot will be in better condition. Would it be bad form to ask if she wants to watch a movie at my place, since it's really all i feel up for right now?

It depends. All of my early dates with my current GF were awkward. First date, I was late to the show, and she had to ask for my last name over the phone to pick up the tickets, and our first meeting was me finding out where she was sitting. Second date, our walk overexerted myself and I had a minor panic attack having to stop to catch my breath. I don't know why she put up with me after that :p

I do think just being honest is the best policy most of the time. If the movie at your place is all you are up for, say so. You can even say that you were worried about if it is bad form or not. If you'd rather wait till your foot is better to go out again, you can also do that. See how she feels. If she's still into you, she'll tell you. If she isn't, then she isn't, and oh well.

See a doctor. Don't try a "my place" maneuver, unless you make things clear. It was a second date, she asked how you are, so she sounds interested enough, just keep the momentum going.

So I went on a 2nd date with a girl...I guess a nerve broke causing me to not be able to walk. She texted the next day to see how I was doing...but idk how to proceed for next date or when my foot will be in better condition. Would it be bad form to ask if she wants to watch a movie at my place, since it's really all i feel up for right now?

I'd be honest with her about what's going on and keep things natural. If she's the impatient sort or not interested, you'll find out. Enjoy each others' company. Don't worry too much about this. I hope you feel better soon and have someone you can see (your doctor) for your injury.

No movie at your place.

You don't have to walk to have lunch, dinner, see a film, go for dessert and coffee...you can take an Uber or Lyft or taxi if you're unable to drive.

And try to laugh. I've been in more ridiculous situations than you can imagine. I learned to relax and laugh, because what else can you do?

Agree. Suggest one of these things. If she counters and she suggest your home on her own accord, fine. But don't suggest it yourself.

No movie at your place. You don't have to walk to have lunch, dinner, see a film, go for dessert and coffee...you can take an Uber or Lyft or taxi if you're unable to drive.

I agree with no movie at your place. You're moving too fast.

As for your foot, tell the truth. Honesty is the best policy here.

Get to know her first. What is her personality and character? She should get to know you as well. Too many breakups occur because couples jump into a relationship without getting to know the real person first. Tread lightly.

Unfortunately after a date or two no one is a priority. You'll have to ask them out and if it's fun, agreeable and there are more dates great if not move on. If you kick back and expect them to chase you after a couple messages and a date, they'll move on too.

if a girl causes me too much trouble I move on until she makes me a priority, or at least try to.

"Believe it or not, I injured my foot! Was trying to play it off as minor, but it's a bit worse than I lead on. Regardless, I had a lot of fun and would like to see you again. I'm laid out right now with the foot - but let's plan for something soon when I'm healed? Let me know"

... really - if you're afraid to tell her you got injured and can't see the obvious humor in it, you gotta work on that.

Archived