Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: feeling insecure - asking for opinions!

Platinum Member
    God only knows what he does when you are not around. This is not acceptable and he is not a great bf!

Not "awesome" at all! Why do you put up with this?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    I here you about high functioning alcoholics. They hold down day jobs and look like your average Joe or Jane. Then there is their dark side which drags everyone else down the drain.
    Oh yep , he worked hard , liked a couple of holidays abroad every year , we had a beautiful house , he would do anything for anybody ....but once I heard a can of Fosters been opened I knew it would be downhill from there ......but it fools you because of all the good stuff .......but yeah there is a dark side and it is horrible .

Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    Oh yep , he worked hard , liked a couple of holidays abroad every year , we had a beautiful house , he would do anything for anybody ....but once I heard a can of Fosters been opened I knew it would be downhill from there ......but it fools you because of all the good stuff .......but yeah there is a dark side and it is horrible .
    Unfortunately, I know all too well. High functioning alcoholics have two lives. They're seemingly normal-looking which to others is nondescript with a job, house, nice car and comfortable lifestyle. Then once doors are closed, the drinking starts and repeats its mentally sick self all over again everyday. It's a drinker's drug of choice which impacts the rest of the household in the most miserable way. It's such a terrible disease.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Unfortunately, I know all too well. High functioning alcoholics have two lives. They're seemingly normal-looking which to others is nondescript with a job, house, nice car and comfortable lifestyle. Then once doors are closed, the drinking starts and repeats its mentally sick self all over again everyday. It's a drinker's drug of choice which impacts the rest of the household in the most miserable way. It's such a terrible disease.
    I couldn't have put it better myself ...spot on in every way .

Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    I couldn't have put it better myself ...spot on in every way .
    Thanks, pippy longstocking. (Btw, I enjoyed 'Pippy Long Stockings' stories as a child.) Yeah, an alcoholic's life even a high functioning alcoholic's life is a pure living hell for everyone involved.

A guy who gets drunk then prowls around trying to pick up women is not "awesome".
    Originally Posted by BCC123
    great guy for 8 months now. he's awesome.
    when my boyfriend gets drunk, hes get this confidence and starts being really friendly and flirty with females. we will be out at a bar or restaurant and there will be a girl bartender and a guy bartender and he will be friendly and flirty and nice to the female one and feels threatened by the male one - he will approach random girls to say something witty and funny but literally never does it with random males -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice