LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety questions

Bronze Member
    I started a thread 'I worry too much' some time ago, and got great advice over there. I used to be so anxious about stuff, I have made some progress, even though it's not as good as I wish it was. I'm trying to remind myself some thins are just out of my control. I also stopped drinking coffee, it has helped me tremendously to sleep better.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.
    Heres what I have done:

I called another doctor and will be getting a 2nd opinion next week.
    I started getting more sleep. Its been hard to adjust but getting there.
    I stopped drinking coffee... not a big deal for some people but I didnt realize how dependent I became on coffee, I needed it to function thru the day. So far, I been ok.

Originally Posted by Rising100
    Heres what I have done:

I stopped drinking coffee... not a big deal for some people but I didnt realize how dependent I became on coffee, I needed it to function thru the day. So far, I been ok.
    Excellent strategies. The coffee alone will make a huge difference. If you switch to decaf, you'll still enjoy the texture, taste and warmth without the side effects that build up in your system over time. I'd love to hear your progress.

Head high.

Originally Posted by Rising100
    Heres what I have done:

I started having anxiety about a year ago and it would come in similar waves almost mimicking a heart attack. Because my heart would race I would become obsessed with my heart rate, constantly checking it and if it were higher than I anticipated it would continue to increase and develop into a panic attack. I completely stopped drinking caffeine and that helped tremendously, as well as increasing water intake. I recently started taking CBD gummies and Iíve never felt better. This could potentially be a placebo effect as I know a lot of it is mental for me but it seems to have really helped

So my doctor seems to think I have anxiety. I have a few questions.
    Anyone who had it, can u share with me what its really like?
    In ur experience, can it be treated without pills?
    A word of caution, which I'm sure you know, benzodiazepines are highly addictive.

I nursed a relative back to health who was addicted to Xanax.

Not fun.

I have Panic Disorder that may or may not be a result of my autoimmune disease and I treat it through therapy, beta blockers and learning to identify and manage triggers.

There are many different things you can try before finding one (or more) that works best for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice