LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Pay for the Ticket?

Originally Posted by e1Not2Alone3
    Thank you very much for your responses. It helped me remember that he is still a stranger. I am being careful and we will be meeting in a public place. He said he wants to travel to my location to move here. He did ask to stay with me but that is not something I feel comfortable with. We have skyped as well.
    Do NOT pay for his ticket! Do NOT let him stay with you. He is still a stranger, you really have to remember that. You dont know him, you only know what he's told you which may or may not be true. People lie, people scam. You could give him money and then never hear from him again.

Here it is: [Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by e1Not2Alone3
    Thank you, I will look at it. Your responses helped remind me not to help with any money.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    LDR's only work when both people can afford to travel to see each other regularly.
    This.

In addition to the obvious stranger danger, a LDR isn't feasible with someone who needs to ask you for money to even make the first trip.

NEVER give money to a stranger because you'll never see your money again! He'll take the money and run OR leech onto you as "Miss Money Bags" all the time. Why bother being with someone who is broke as a joke?

You certainly can do better.

Nope nope nope. Don't pay anything. This smells fishy to me and you should be careful.

He** to the NO

Platinum Member
    Do not pay. You would also be paying for everything else.

I think it is terrible that he asked-sounds like a parasite.

If he can't afford it, then he should not be traveling.

If he pays to visit you, you should pay for everything once hes here. And then you should pay for yourself to visit him. If he was always visiting, then you should pay half the time.

I did OLD for several years. 9 out of 10 times, when I'd meet up with someone, one or both of us didn't share chemistry, or their personality had red flags. That's why I only dated locally, so that I'd never be out more than the cost of a cup of coffee if it didn't go to a second date or longer.

If he actually moved to your city just to see if dating you worked, you might not realize it now, but it would put severe pressure on your psyche, like you'd think, "OMG, he moved all the way over here and I'm not feeling it. How am I ever going to break up with him when he made that sacrifice for us?"

In my mind, people who aren't really ready for a real relationship pick the hardest way possible. Examine why you've spent all this time and attention on an unknown, when you could be using your precious time to date locally. Try Meetup.com as an avenue that might get you better results in the dating world.

Hun, if you have been talking to this guy for a few years and nothing has materialized to a real relationship, you need to close this chapter.

I get it that he throws this handsome idea about you both can be in a relationship when he moves in with you, but if he was serious, that would've happened long time ago.

Whatever his intentions may be, you need to not give him money or a place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice