LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He went out on a date to test his feelings for me

Bronze Member
    What he did was boneheaded but it sounds like it came from both fear & then a good place. He wanted to exclusive & told you so but then this opportunity came up. he was worried that you two were moving to fast or he was afraid of being tied down or some other nonsense. So he went on the date while you were away. that convinced him you really were the girl for him. Granted he should have gotten all the comparison shopping out of his system before mentioning exclusive to you.

I might be able to get past this but he'd really have to be on his best behavior going forward.

Platinum Member
    The dating around is normal, the telling you about it is unnecessary.

Perhaps he wants a drugged up threesome? Delete this guy, he makes no sense.
    Originally Posted by Shylight
    I have been dating a guy for the past several weeks. He told me that he wanted to become exclusive with me. Yet he admitted to me that he went out on a date with another girl to see if I was the one?

Originally Posted by Shylight
    I have been dating a guy for the past several weeks. He told me that he wanted to become exclusive with me. Yet he admitted to me that he went out on a date with another girl to see if I was the one?
    Was he by chance from Eastern Europe? A guy I dated once said this to me, too. He was from Bulgaria. He was definitely shopping for a wife.... I think he expected us to have an on-and-off relationship during that time.

Anyway, right after this guy and I first met and started dating, his friends (a married couple) tried to set him up with a girl they knew. He went on a double-date with the girl and the couple. Then he volunteered the information to me.

I actually appreciated his honesty and didn't feel threatened at all (I figured I was a good catch LOL).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice