Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hurt by Hawaii trip plans with her girlfriend.

It seems so then. Hard to say what the overall level of satisfaction is from her side because there seems to be resentment that she has this time and chooses to travel with friends. Agree... don't be a weenie about it. Take action, reflect.
    Originally Posted by Salvatore
    We have vacationed together but when she's traveling 6 times a year with friends, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for me. Do you think she would rather vacation with her friends?

Just curious... how does she afford (money wise and job wise) to travel so often? Sounds a bit excessive to me.

As for your situation... If she wants to travel with her friends and not you, then she should be unattached. You should be traveling together. Of course is is important to get away with friends only, but 6 times a year? Something doesn't sound right to me. Could she perhaps be playing around on these trips?

Either way... I would count my losses and move on.

We are both older. She 63 and I am 68. We met which led to my divorce from an unhappy marriage. We have a great relationship along with a really great sexual relationship. We text all of the time and talk constantly. Generally we are together a couple days a week if not more. We don't live together. When we have a problem we try to talk it out. I love being with her and she feels the same. Circumstances in both of our lives keep us where we are. She is still married. Of course there are reasons for that which it is not necessary for me to go into. She is very giving to me and constantly brings me food etc. I think we complement each other very well. I never asked her how much she spends on travel but it has to be a considerable amount.

I don't know that the feeling is resentment. I'm not sure I can put my finger on it.

We are both older. She 63 and I am 68. We met which led to my divorce from an unhappy marriage.
    Well, at your ages, and having recently gotten together, I suppose if she has always done this type of traveling with her friends, that is a different story.

But... the fact that she is still married and you met while you were still married... not such a great way to approach a relationship.

Ok that explains everything.
    She 63 and I am 68.

She is still married.

I like your "totally drop it now that you've spoken mind." I'll find another way.

Not really. There are special circumstances with her husband which is irrelevant to this.

I like your "totally drop it now that you've spoken mind." I'll find another way.
    ??????????

Yes. She has always done this type of traveling with her friends. Actually, the marriage thing is really not an issue. Can't explain here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice