Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to feel good enough? Should I go on medication?

How to feel good enough? Should I go on medication?

Is it normal to cry almost every night over a guy, he said I was nice and he wants to take things slow. Which I donít mind, but sometimes I just donít feel like Iím good enough.. I feel like Heíll get bored of me! Iím usually quiet more introverted, I have a hard time accepting my personality. Should I ask him what type of girl heís looking for? Thanks!

Bronze Member
    Only a medical doctor can advice you to go on meds.

That said it sounds more like you need to boost your self esteem. That takes work, not a happy pill

Okay, Thank you!

I wouldn't jump to conclusions regarding prescription medications. Try to fix your life first.

Never glom onto a man for your identity and self worth. Be your own person so HE will cry on his pillow every night for you, NOT you for him!

If he wants to take things slow, go slow. What is the rush anyway? He wants to know what type of person you are and this is the time for you to scrutinize and observe his character, too. You never know. Perhaps you'll find his flaws and incurable defects which you'll look upon with great disdain.

If you feel that this man or people grow bored with you and you're introverted, work on yourself. Be the best person you can be whether it's your personal success, education, career, sports & fitness, weight loss, special interests, intellect, hobbies and the like. Enrich your mind. Make yourself less available. Be your own person. Get super busy and do self improvement. This is the draw and this is how you make yourself more attractive. Have your own life and become financially independent.

I don't think you should ask what type of girl he's looking for because then you'll change according to his preferences which makes you lose your sense of self. If the relationship fizzles, it will do so on its own. This means you two were not meant for each other. It's a great big world out there and he's not the only one.

Chin up, lady. Have strength and wisdom.

I hope you pay attention to Cherylyn's post, lots of good advice there. Meds is not the answer. You could start with a checkup from your doctor and he/she may suggest therapy. You need to learn to love and value yourself.

Medication is the start of a downward spiral. They will almost definatley destroy you.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    I hope you pay attention to Cherylyn's post, lots of good advice there. Meds is not the answer. You could start with a checkup from your doctor and he/she may suggest therapy. You need to learn to love and value yourself.
    Thank you, melancholy123.

You're welcome, Cherylyn! I thought your post was so very good, and I hope she listens.

Platinum Member
    What kind of medication do you think you need, OP?

You shouldn't be dating a man in hopes of validation and happiness. In fact, if it's upsetting you this much, it's a huge sign that you're not ready to date.

You should have loads more confidence than this. It will end up being a recipe for disaster.

You might want to consider telling him that you want to remain friends because you're not ready to date. Then try to see a therapist who will help work out your issues with self esteem and confidence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice