Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to feel good enough? Should I go on medication?

What you can do is get a thorough checkup from a physician and referral to a psychologist for supportive therapy. In the meantime no, dating should not make you cry every night. Clearly he's not the right guy, so consider ending it.

You can also get out of your shell a bit. Start by improving your health, getting in shape, new clothes, hair, etc. Join some groups and clubs and start volunteering. Consider taking some fun, interesting and informative local classes or courses. Try not to make a guy your whole life so they end up pushing back like this. You need to get the ball rolling on your own.
    Originally Posted by Sparklystars
    Is it normal to cry almost every night over a guy, he said I was nice and he wants to take things slow. Which I donít mind, but sometimes I just donít feel like Iím good enough.. I feel like Heíll get bored of me! Iím usually quiet more introverted, I have a hard time accepting my personality. Should I ask him what type of girl heís looking for? Thanks!

Be your own person so HE will cry on his pillow every night for you, NOT you for him!
    Why would you want him to cry? lol...no one should be crying. It should be an equal balance of respect and friendship that continues to grow into love.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What you can do is get a thorough checkup from a physician and referral to a psychologist for supportive therapy. In the meantime no, dating should not make you cry every night. Clearly he's not the right guy, so consider ending it.

You can also get out of your shell a bit. Start by improving your health, getting in shape, new clothes, hair, etc. Join some groups and clubs and start volunteering. Consider taking some fun, interesting and informative local classes or courses. Try not to make a guy your whole life so they end up pushing back like this. You need to get the ball rolling on your own.
    There is nothing in the OPís post to suggest she needs to improve her health , that she is not in shape , that her clothes or hair needs improvement.
    And there is nothing negative said about this guy at all. Nor that he is ďpushing backĒ

You are simply feeling vulnerable which is normal.

But crying is excessive. Can you explain why you are crying? Is it happy or sad tears?

Maybe you're not ready to date, it's not okay to cry for a man every night. It seems you have low self-esteem, why should he bored with you? Try reading some books/articles before dating, you can find great advice out there.

It's doubtful a doctor is going to prescribe a pill to make your troubles go away...that's not how it works. You will be recommended most likely to see a therapist. The therapist will decide if medication is needed.

Chronic crying, sadness etc is not a healthy state of mind. This is why she needs a full checkup by a physician to rule out physical or neurochemical issues. If those are found appropriate medication may be prescribed. In the US only a physician can prescribe medications for any number of mood or other issues which should be investigated at the very least.Therapists do not prescribe medication in western countries. They are for ongoing supportive therapy.
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    It's doubtful a doctor is going to prescribe a pill to make your troubles go away...that's not how it works. You will be recommended most likely to see a therapist. The therapist will decide if medication is needed.
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 10-30-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Have to agree with Wise on this one. You need to see a Medical Doctor. There are SO many things that could be causing this. AN internal medicine doctor would be best, he can start with a complete blood work analysis.

This can not be treated like Cher's famous line from the movie Moonstruck... "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Why would you want him to cry? lol...no one should be crying. It should be an equal balance of respect and friendship that continues to grow into love.
    It was just a figure of speech, SherrySher. I was merely describing how a woman's self esteem should go sky high and not cry on any pillow for a man like some country ballad.

Well, I hope men are treated with the same respect as women and no one is less than or has to beg and cry, etc.

Men don't deserve it anymore than women do.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Have to agree with Wise on this one. You need to see a Medical Doctor. There are SO many things that could be causing this. AN internal medicine doctor would be best, he can start with a complete blood work analysis.

This can not be treated like Cher's famous line from the movie Moonstruck... "SNAP OUT OF IT!"
    There is no blood test for determining what is making someone feel down in themselves. And no good medical Doctor would even waste her time or money suggesting a blood test.

This is Not a medical issue. Depending on what country she lives in , some countries give free psychiatric help if referred by a medical Dr. That would be her only reason to go see a medical Dr.

Otherwise she can seek her own psychiatrist.

If a psychiatrist determines that yes she needs antidepressants, along with therapy , the psychiatrist can arrange that even if they donít write the prescription themself.

The OP has not actually stated any insecurities about how she looks etc. it was all about personality.

OP, how are you today??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice