Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diabetes: Journey of Self control

Seraphim

Breakfast: Cheerios and 2% milk. Tea and milk.

Lunch : cooked in olive oil spinach and chard and butternut squash and onions.

Snack: almonds

Supper: salad

That wouldn't be enough for me. I would need more protein in my daily meal(s) or my sugar drops too quickly. Good to hear you are doing cardio daily.

I have meats in my salads too and some days I have lots of protein.

If your blood sugar is steady then no problem. I just know that mine drops when I don't have a protein at every meal (sometimes its just a serving of yogurt with 4g's of protein in it. My sugar was dropping every day at or around the same time and in the morning and the Dietician looked at my food diary and said it was because I wasn't eating any protein at breakfast. I was just having what you had Cheerios, almond milk (no protein in that at all) and a fruit. Cow's milk does have protein in it so there's that.

Have a good session at your class and with the dietician. :)

If your blood sugar is steady then no problem. I just know that mine drops when I don't have a protein at every meal (sometimes its just a serving of yogurt with 4g's of protein in it. My sugar was dropping every day at or around the same time and in the morning and the Dietician looked at my food diary and said it was because I wasn't eating any protein at breakfast. I was just having what you had Cheerios, almond milk (no protein in that at all) and a fruit. Cow's milk does have protein in it so there's that.

Have a good session at your class and with the dietician. :)

Thanks!! I am excited about it.

Usually I have the Greek yoghurt or cottage cheese for breakfast or boiled eggs. So that does help.

• Like 1
Crossing fingers that your appointments go okay today. Update us on the results.

As for the dentist, no worries at all. They will take good care of you.

I go on Wed for both. 9:30 for the dentist and 11:20 for the dr. The dr I am pretty confident will be happy. I have horrible dental phobia. Realistically I know nothing will happen but when my panic disorder takes over my body can’t stop. I hate it so bad. I think it is from being orally raped as a kid and I have severe claustrophobia as well.

I am the same when it comes to the dentist (at least to a certain degree) but my doctor has reassured me that dentists are very professional and will make sure that their patients are safe.

Good god, Seraphim, I am so sorry you went through that. No person should ever have to endure that. It's honestly so commendable that you went through things like that and instead of becoming bitter or broken, you rose above and are helping people Truly inspiring.

• Like 1
I am the same when it comes to the dentist (at least to a certain degree) but my doctor has reassured me that dentists are very professional and will make sure that their patients are safe.

Good god, Seraphim, I am so sorry you went through that. No person should ever have to endure that. It's honestly so commendable that you went through things like that and instead of becoming bitter or broken, you rose above and are helping people Truly inspiring.

I remember being woken by my father’s brother with him choking me and shoving his penis down my throat. He would usually rape when I was vulnerable, asleep. So I would wake to being raped. That’s why I have insomnia. He would threaten to kill me and my brother and even my dad if I spoke up. One time he trapped me in the bathroom and repeatedly bashed my head into the wall and the floor. To this day I am terrified of bathrooms my husband and son will tell you .

That's horrible. :(

I'm so sorry you had to go through something like that. I hope he got what he deserved!

Unfortunately, no. He is still walking the streets today. He stalked us for 3 years after the court case always staying just beyond the required distance of his restraining order. We had to move provinces to get away from him. Back in the early 80’s child abuse trials were much different . Sadly. It went to trial when I was 14.

I was also abused sexually at 7. And drugged and raped at 19.

I have recovered a lot with different therapies.

I know that not eating at regular times can cause spikes in blood sugar because your liver starts to think you need sugar for energy and will pump out more to compensate. My diabetic nurse said due to the lack of protein in my breakfast meals, is why my blood sugar was dropping. After I started to incorporate a protein (an egg, some cheese, high protein yogurt etc) I haven't had the low blood sugar moments I was having.

Awesome. So the blood work was all good? Has it helped with your anxiety?

He said my cholesterol was dramatically improved especially the LDL. He said to move my A1C without meds lower than 6.5 is awesome and I am doing great and my feet are good. My blood pressure is excellent and my weight is coming down. His only slight issue was it was hard to get a pulse in my feet.

I also used to be 163cm and now I am 160 Cm in height.

My dentist check up was excellent. She said no issues at all there. Just to continue to wear my night guard.

Overall my doctor though said I should be very proud of myself. And he will see me in three months.