Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 99

Thread: Diabetes: Journey of Self control

  1. #51
    Gold Member mines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    670
    Gender
    Female
    You're doing great on your new lifestyle journey :) so happy for you. It's so difficult to make lifestyle changes, even though it's "one day at a time" it's still hard! Especially during this holiday season when temptations seem to be on every corner. Happy to hear about your progress!!! You rock!!!

  2. #52
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by mines
    You're doing great on your new lifestyle journey :) so happy for you. It's so difficult to make lifestyle changes, even though it's "one day at a time" it's still hard! Especially during this holiday season when temptations seem to be on every corner. Happy to hear about your progress!!! You rock!!!
    Thank you very much !!

  3. #53
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female
    For lunch I had raw lentils, fresh vegetables and a bit of tuna on top.

  4. #54
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female
    I am tired of green leafy things.

  5.  

  6. #55
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,143
    Gender
    Female
    Then have something that you really enjoy. You are allowed to live after all.

    Just don't do it everyday but do give yourself permission to have something other than green, leafy for a change.

  7. #56
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Then have something that you really enjoy. You are allowed to live after all.

    Just don't do it everyday but do give yourself permission to have something other than green, leafy for a change.
    I did today. I had a bagel and sushi. But I walked 7 KM and did 80 sit ups. Hopefully that helped the carb intake.

  8. #57
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female
    I lost another pound.

  9. #58
    Bronze Member Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    586
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am tired of green leafy things.

    Seraphim, Keep going!!!

    just sharing my experience, lost like 20 kgs post diagnosis, took me a year, less of carbs (introduce millets, quinoa in diet), introduce more of fibre and completely stopped liquor and i don't smoke, used to walk 8-10Km daily and run same distance on weekends, now am in regression, reduced medicine intake cause of low sugar counts on daily basis.

  10. #59
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Spawn
    Seraphim, Keep going!!!

    just sharing my experience, lost like 20 kgs post diagnosis, took me a year, less of carbs (introduce millets, quinoa in diet), introduce more of fibre and completely stopped liquor and i don't smoke, used to walk 8-10Km daily and run same distance on weekends, now am in regression, reduced medicine intake cause of low sugar counts on daily basis.
    Thanks! Glad to see people take control naturally if they can. I am hoping to!

  11. #60
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,209
    Gender
    Female

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •