Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sleeping around before becoming exclusive even after 2.5 months

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by TiWi
    I'm pretty new to relationship scenario. Never knew how to handle it when it comes to a person recently out of a breakup. How should I get out now? Should I remain friends with this guy? Should I keep meeting him once in a while? Or should I cut him off completely. I don't really think of anything bad to him, it's just that we might not be the perfect match.

Is this happening naturally after his breakup or is he that person? Do people naturally tend to do such things after a breakup irrespective of the person they are? Just trying to understand him as a person without the hope of getting into a relationship with him.
    Tell him it is not working for you, then go complete no contact. You cannot be friends if there are feelings. You may need to block, as he will probably reach out for a booty call and an ego boost.

Do not meet him again!

We don't know him; therefore, we cannot answer the last paragraph.

Move on. It has only been 2.5 months.

Thank you all for the help. I'm talking normally to him but feels like I'm angry but not venting out. I will try doing that in couple of days, when I find the right moment to do that.
    In the end, I just don't want to hurt in return. Just want to end it on a good note and move on.

Just scared about not finding a right partner in future in this gay world. I don't know even if I get someone, will I be able to love that person with this intensity. I'm just hoping for the best.

Thank you all for the help. I'm talking normally to him but feels like I'm angry but not venting out. I will try doing that in couple of days, when I find the right moment to do that.
    In the end, I just don't want to hurt in return. Just want to end it on a good note and move on.

Just scared about not finding a right partner in future in this gay world. I don't know even if I get someone, will I be able to love that person with this intensity. I'm just hoping for the best.
    A lot of people think that way and are afraid for the future. It's what keeps more individuals stagnant and stuck in one phase without fully moving on or letting go of the past. This means not much growth forwards and a whole lot of life passing by.

I think you'd do a lot of good spending some time on your own reflecting and figuring things out. Your problems aren't very exclusive to being gay. You're still hung up about your sexuality as if it's something you should be sorry for, like a wound or a broken arm you're nursing. As soon as you drop that and are proud of your whole identity, things might appear different to you and you'll be able to move forward more confidently in your own skin. Don't make any apologies for what or who you are.

Understandable. Like Rose Mosse said, your worry isn't exclusive to the gay world. I think many, if not most people struggle with this fear and it's all the more reason why you must not settle for something that you aren't comfortable with and/or someone who doesn't fulfill your needs and wants. If you settle, you will make your fear your reality.

Platinum Member

You feel these intense feelings because it's not mutual/unrequited and that's the easy way out - you know deep down he doesn't want to be with you in the way you want to be with him so you can have all these intense feelings knowing you won't have to have the responsibility of commitment -or put the work into a real relationship. Are you looking for a feeling or for the opportunity to give to another person who you desire to give to? The former gets pretty self-absorbed.

There are plenty of options. Gay clubs, groups and organizations. Grindr or the multitude of other LGBT oriented sites. Volunteering for any sort of LGBT groups. If you're on the down low/in the closet/inexperienced it may help to join some groups.

This guy is not the last gay man on earth. Move on.
    Just scared about not finding a right partner in future in this gay world. I don't know even if I get someone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice