Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 months post break up

Lol Iím so ready for these thoughts the subside!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Bro32
    Great advice! I have yet to go on a date! I feel like I might be a little more picky this time around. As far as NC in concerned I did break it twice! The first time I didnít get a response and the second time I got one response. That made me realize that she no longer wanted me in her life and that I have to stay away! I will admit that I do feel a little more pressure to find another girl because of my age! Iím 27 about to be 28 and I feel like Iím running out of time if that makes any sense.
    You will be a bit more picky??! That sounds like you are not dating for fun but looking for a replacement gf? Not a smart move at all!!?

You agreed you are not over your ex yet and confirmed that by still talking about her even in this reply???

Who has put undue pressure on you to have a gf at the age of 27??
    That kind of thinking will ensure you will not make any right choices in a partner and will still be wondering at the age of 50 as to why you are still single?

Now Iím thinking you and your ex had nothing in common but stayed together because of notions rather than compatibility.

You need to be and choose to be single for a year. Ditch the dating sites until you figure out what you want and enjoy in life without another.

You might have hit the nail on the head with this one!! Sadly I see a lot of truth in this comment ^^

You are so right @smachie9! I feel like I am just bored and kind of lonely so Iím looking for a quick fix!

Originally Posted by Bro32
    Itís been 5 months since me and my ex ended a 4.5 year relationship. At this stage I am doing better than I was a few months ago! My motivation is back and Iím working out most days which has definitely improved my self esteem. I have pretty much given up all hope of her returning to me. She hasnít reached out or made any other attempts to reconcile. I am pretty sure she is still with the guy she left me for! So here I am back on dating apps seeing whatís out there again. It has been hard to not doubt myself at times. My question this morning is how do I let go of all the baggage in order to prosper in a new relationship?
    This seems very painful. Give yourself time to breathe and be single for awhile. Being lonely is normal... we all feel lonely. You'll have to learn to re-orient yourself and start separating yourself from the idea of you and your ex as a couple. That phase of your life is now over. It takes time. There is no magic recipe with quick results. Real results come with time and by doing things right. It's time and a sincere effort towards getting to know the new you, your single and independent self (your new identity).

Don't sell yourself short by making quick and superficial connections if you're feeling nervous, sad, down or still thinking of your ex in many ways. Give yourself room to breathe and explore your identity independently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice