Tell me I'm not the rebound?!

flowerlover

I've been seeing this guy for a little over a month, when we first met he told me he was still getting over his ex. I was patient and there for him. We're not technically dating yet but we are talking and making relationship advances i.e. saying "I love you". I hope that in about a month we will become official. We were doing ok and he finally opened up to me and told me that he's over his ex and he can see us together. They recently broke up not to much before us getting together. Unfortunately his ex came back into his life and begged for him back, he assured me that we were ok, but that he is worried about her and has been talking to her trying to help her. He lets me know when he's talking to her but at the same time i give him guidelines and he sometimes breaks them like i told him he can talk to her for a few minutes and apparently they talked for hours. Idk what to do, I'm trying to be understanding because I know they were together for some time and he's crying to me about her and I feel bad. It also shows me he's a caring person which I want in a future partner. I also can't help but notice some similarities between me and her. He's been texting her quite a bit over the last few days. What should I do?

he's crying to me about her
My advice is straightforward with your best interests at heart: Break up with him and tell him when he's over her and has no need to listen to her beg for him back again to call you and if you're still single, you'll have a coffee with him and see how things go then.

Protect your heart from this guy because clearly he is not caring for it with his carrying on with his ex. He's not over her. If he was, he would tell her that he's with you now and that he's not getting back with her and he would give her the gift of closing the door to her so SHE could get over him.

My advice is straightforward with your best interests at heart: Break up with him and tell him when he's over her and has no need to listen to her beg for him back again to call you and if you're still single, you'll have a coffee with him and see how things go then.

Protect your heart from this guy because clearly he is not caring for it with his carrying on with his ex. He's not over her. If he was, he would tell her that he's with you now and that he's not getting back with her and he would give her the gift of closing the door to her so SHE could get over him.

What if I tell him to stop talking to her and just block her? I honestly think he'll do it.

Archived