Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does he like me? Does he like me not?

Does he like me? Does he like me not?

So there's this acquaintance that I've known for a few months in our group of friends and I wonder if he likes me.

Every time we're at an event, I catch him looking me at me and our eyes would meet. It feels like it happens a lot but he never makes a move. He has my phone number and we text sometimes, but it's short texts that don't seem to go anywhere.

However when we meet up, we would talk a little more and I would catch him looking at me.

I wonder if I'm just overthinking it and he does it to everyone. That or maybe he finds me attractive but not relationship material so he never makes a move.

Platinum Member
    I think he likes being around you and likes texting you when he has time and feels like it but so far he does not have any interest in dating you because he hasn't asked you out on a date. I'd put him off your radar and don't engage in texting back and forth unless the texts are about him arranging a time to meet up for a date. I personally wouldn't ask him out in this situation but if you're comfortable doing that you can ask him out on a date.

If a guy likes you, you wouldn't be wondering because he would be asking you out. Leave him alone and focus elsewhere.
    Originally Posted by WAlien
    I wonder if he likes me. He has my phone number and we text sometimes, but it's short texts that don't seem to go anywhere.

Just because a guy isn't asking you out or humping your leg, doesn't mean he isn't intereted. And just because a movie, a book or a guy on a forum tells you, 'if he like's you he'd be asking you', it doesn't mean that he will or that he doesn't like you.

If all men were like dogs, and if the only thing on their minds were to get laid, then perhaps, but it is just not that simple.

These days, guys need a little more than a pretty face to do the approaching, and it is no longer just the girls realm to sit around wandering if the other is actually interested. With the spectre of being rejected hanging over his head whenever he tries, a guy will often need more interest shown from women to make the approach. Sure, some guys will go through the process of getting used to the rejections while playing the numbers game and will eventually meet someone to go out with, but many guys just can't be bothered. No longer are we emotionless and uncaring, able to take it 'like a man' and get rejected.

Perhaps give him more of an incentive to approach you, or even approach him to get the ball rolling. If that isn't you thing, then forget him and just sit around waiting the dwindling few to come over to you and make this move you are desiring.

6. 10-21-2019, 12:12 PM

🍅🥔🥦🥒🥑🍄💖🤗🎆🥊👇👉👖🧔🌋
    Originally Posted by turneellspy
    Do you need the expertise of a professional trolling jerk? Contact me😝🚿⚽🐵

I'm not sure if the possibility has crossed your mind that he's not relationship material (not you).

If you're doing everything right, keeping it friendly, lighthearted and fun and you've smiled at him whenever you see him and he's just not getting the point, I'd either tell him yourself and ask him out or move on. Don't stay stuck here in limbo.

I agree with both Keyman and Rose. A lot of men these days need more than just a few returned texts that are just generalized answers to questions and a cute smile when your eyes meet. You have to be willing to put some of the work in too. Some of the responsibility falls on the women these days, especially with movements like metoo, men no longer know what is acceptable to ask a woman out on a date. My son has often spoken to me about this when he meets someone he is interested in. He is genuinely afraid to ask a woman out anymore.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Keyman
    Just because a guy isn't asking you out or humping your leg, doesn't mean he isn't intereted. And just because a movie, a book or a guy on a forum tells you, 'if he like's you he'd be asking you', it doesn't mean that he will or that he doesn't like you.

If all men were like dogs, and if the only thing on their minds were to get laid, then perhaps, but it is just not that simple.

These days, guys need a little more than a pretty face to do the approaching, and it is no longer just the girls realm to sit around wandering if the other is actually interested. With the spectre of being rejected hanging over his head whenever he tries, a guy will often need more interest shown from women to make the approach. Sure, some guys will go through the process of getting used to the rejections while playing the numbers game and will eventually meet someone to go out with, but many guys just can't be bothered. No longer are we emotionless and uncaring, able to take it 'like a man' and get rejected.

Perhaps give him more of an incentive to approach you, or even approach him to get the ball rolling. If that isn't you thing, then forget him and just sit around waiting the dwindling few to come over to you and make this move you are desiring.
    I think he knows she is interested because she makes eye contact. He might not like to date within this social circle. He might like her and not be interested in dating her or available to date her. I asked a number of men out way back and was fine with the "rejection" - and would have done it more often if it had been an effective way to find a long term relationship and not just a date or fling. I don't think it has to do with "these days" - there's always been a risk of a "no" if someone is asked out. My husband was so very shy in his 20s when he first asked me out -took him months - and he decided the risk was worth it. As do many many men even very very shy men.

Well, he has your number........if he was serious about you he would have asked for a date.

Ok stop the nonsense text chitchat. Unless you want him to think you are friendzoning him or jerking him around. Are you simply curious for your own sake if he likes you or do you actually want to date this guy? Unless this is grade school where awkward teens just stare and giggle and text you need to decide what you want. To date him or not.
    Originally Posted by WAlien
    we text sometimes, but it's short texts that don't seem to go anywhere. However when we meet up, we would talk a little more and I would catch him looking at me. maybe he finds me attractive but not relationship material

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice