Some of you know already that I broke up with my boyfriend/fiance of 3 years, last month. I'm wondering how everyone copes or deals with feeling lonely. I'm trying to do the right thing and smart thing by not looking for another relationship. Which seems easier this time just due to the fact that I don't feel like explaining my baggage and a certain issue I have, right now.

But I'm trying to figure out how to cope with being lonely. I've been throwing myself into my schoolwork and work itself. I've recently been able to do some stuff to my car which helps me keep my mind of things. But I can't afford to keep buying all the stuff I want lol. And since my car is still fairly new there nothing that needs to be fixed.

I have my good and bad days. I always try to stay positive and think positive. But it seems atleast once a week out of the blue I get hit with a random bout of depression where I just want to break down and cry. Its weird how it happens to because I'll be having a good day then it just slaps me in the face.

I know its probably normal. I guess I need to find a cheaper hobby than buying performance parts for my car. Lol

Thanks for reading

It sounds like you are actually doing really well. I think everyone feels like that a bit, unless they can completely shut down emotions.

Breaking up hurts, and we all know it. Dealing with loneliness that comes and goes is normal too. Sometimes you have to cry about it, put on a sad movie and get into it, cry a bunch, and it might make you feel better after.

Yea I guess I'm been trying so hard to be strong and I've not really let myself cry about it. Granted I had made up my kind about the break up in advance and I don't regret my decision nor do I miss him like I thought I would. I think I've been more angry than anything. One of these days I will give in to the emotions I suppose.

It's not the same for everyone, your story and perspectives are unique to you and your life, you can take however long or short you need to.

I think being angry is also normal.

I hope you have some friends that will listen and let you vent, that can really help get moving past emotional times that are more difficult.

I've actually gotten pretty good at "being lonely". It's not all that bad. You don't have any expectations to set, you don't have to worry about looking good or being your best every day. That's great you are finding other things to do, and you are also a car girl. Maybe buy an older car, an antique, fix it up. :)

I don't know, just, keep yourself busy as you have been. Get a pet, spend time with friends and family. Find some TV shows to binge watch. There's a lot you can do.

I text/call my friends. There's always someone awake especially overseas. Another thing is gardening and looking at new ways to combine different flavours in the kitchen. A local community center also has some interesting classes and they're quite cheap in comparison (also no commitment, drop in classes available).

Archived