Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend (now ex) broke up with me today after I accused him of cheating

Bronze Member

My boyfriend (now ex) broke up with me today after I accused him of cheating

I think if you reacted this way, there are some underlying trust issues in the relationship which may need examining. In a healthy relationship where there is trust, these scenarios may surface, however the conversation would be carried out in a more level-headed fashion on both sides. For now, he wants space. Respect him enough to give him that. If he comes around then great. Try to reflect on what may have led to this emotional outburst.

Now that it's been a couple days I've had time to reflect. It made me realize that he acted extremely defensive; for someone who claimed to have not been hiding anything, it sure seems like he was, acting the way he did. If the shoe were in the other foot and I had a condom in my bag he would've flipped, but I wouldn't have broken up with him. Again, we don't all think the same way.

@Wiseman2 Let me clarify, I wasn't "looking through his bags"; two weeks before this incident I was in need of some ibuprofen he told me he had some in that bag; two weeks later when I need some again I open up the bag and there's a condom!

I had something similar. Someone I was seeing for about 3 months. Picked him up from the airport and he stayed the night at my house rather than going home. He did a load of laundry and left for work in the morning.

A day or so later I find an unused condom in the bottom of my washing machine. I asked him about it and he said it must have fallen out of his shaving kit. Plausible? Yes? But in hindsight I didn't really feel secure in that relationship at that time. Call it intuition. I had no choice but to let it go. Let it go and pay closer attention.

End of story, he had met someone on his trip.
    The truth played itself out eventually without me having to ask any questions.

Agree. You are quite incompatible with him. Things are on a hair trigger and those types of situation tend not to end well. What happens when you need ibuprofen again and have to look through his bags...again?
    Originally Posted by Maria89
    we don't all think the same way.

1. Assuring you it's okay then dropping a bomb is far from a "good man" it's cheap shot and I as a man can understand other sex does it I'm not in their shoes but this is no no in my "man book".

2. Breaking up from a phone? ...

3.You didnt tell us what was his explanation. He's escaping and is extremely defensive. I'm a man and I don't care if my girl does a check on me from time to time cause she's also a human being that has insecurities and if that happens it's time to talk, seriously, not just escaping ... my hunch tells me he played this too suspiciously. Anyways if he's bothered with that he should have just explained the condom and then tell you that he won't tolerate this anymore. For love you need tolerance, what I've tolerated for love in my life this is nothing.

Point: if your partner is insecure about you and u love him, then make more securities less insecurities. You even told me. I told my gf also that plenty of beyotches ed me up but instead making me more secure she was testing that security. Now we have this big going on not solving and we are in kind of limbo cause all of that .

Okay I spent last 15 minutes trying really hard to put myself in situation where my girlfriend feels insecure cause she found condoms and it's live we don't use them. She cried a bit, was a bit hectic and accused me. I can't put myself in position of breaking up, I just can't it's stupid af. I know we are all different but it's plane and simple stupid. These things happens and will happen even if people are insecure. In fact it's HEALTHY sign you care. This is not something acute and extreme. Nowadays it's hard to trust, even if you know person for years, we are not so dependable on each other and peoaple can be scum ...Even if you had fallouts and some insecurity problems still it does not approve this. How will he survive in this life if he is ready to run when something like this pop ups? In fact this is NOTHING when compared to REAL problems. HE should be there to somehow GUIDE his girl trough troubles if that makes any sense. I may sound too traditional, but believe me some things never change and man and woman will always have their differences so lesson is - time to be a man in relationship. Did you check if maybe he has vagina down there? I sniff one of those "semi-liberal" guys who are all dandy and princess while they do all sorts of and then they use any of their "liberal" politics to weasel out of things that are simple but yet complicated for their shenanigans.

Idiot should have used those asap on you lol instead of doing drama. Explain and then have sex.

We really need to know what his excuse was...

Are you not telling us for fear that we will side with him?

I think she does not say us because either she didn't have time or she is scared that we will side with HER. Because that would mean mofo is a cheater.

Originally Posted by Spucky
    I think she does not say us because either she didn't have time or she is scared that we will side with HER. Because that would mean mofo is a cheater.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in to my head.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice