LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can exes really be friends?

Can exes really be friends?

So ive been seeing this guy for just under 2 months, everythings going great. But i just cant shake this feeling about his ex.

Hes still in daily contact with her. He says they are just friends and that its for the kids but i just dont know. Ive just found out that she and the kids will be spending the night at his at the weekend. Again he says this is for convenience and for the kids.

The part i can shake though is ive also just found out that they only broke up 2 months ago, so right before we started seeing eachother.

She knows hes seeing someone as he told her a few days ago because she was trying to convince him to give things another go.

Is it just me or is it a bit odd that they can be such good friends so soon? Am i right to be concerned? I dont want to bring it up to him to have him just dismiss it saying its for the kids.

Perhaps you should step away from this. Are you sure they are exes? It doesn't seem so.
    Originally Posted by Sugargliders
    Ive just found out that she and the kids will be spending the night at his at the weekend. Again he says this is for convenience and for the kids. The part i can shake though is ive also just found out that they only broke up 2 months ago, so right before we started seeing eachother..

It seems a bit rushed to me. If the mother of his kids is still trying to convince him to change his mind over the break up, this isn't a good situation for you. There's a lot of unfinished business there. Distance yourself and meet new people. The intention to move on may be there but he's not in a good headspace or completely available - emotionally or mentally.

No, that's not a good situation at all. They clearly aren't done with the relationship.

He is rebounding and not ready. It sounds like it could turn into a mess.

Yeah im sure they are. And i know he has told her that hes seeing someone. But it just makes me uneasy that they can be such good friends still when the breakup is still quite fresh. They were together for about 2 or 3 years. I know they should be civil for the kids but this just seems as though its pushing the boundries a little to me

No offence OP but these reeks of a similar post which garnered a lot of attention a few days ago...

I could be wrong but, alarm bells/something suss in my gut here...

May I ask how you know each other?

We went to school together years ok. He was in my brothers class at school. Theyre still mates and we got talking at his birthday party. When i found out that they only broke up just before we started dating i found out that they were still together at the time of the party

Originally Posted by MurphyB
    No offence OP but these reeks of a similar post which garnered a lot of attention a few days ago...

I could be wrong but, alarm bells/something suss in my gut here...
    No offence taken but just to clarify, this is my first time posting on here.

And do you mean that something is suss in the sense that its a similar post or that their friendship is suss?

Yes, seems a little fresh. Think of the kids too. This isn't fair on anyone, most of all you. Let him figure out his life. He's not going anywhere fast with his kids and if he's present in their lives. Give them the space to work out a better agreement or situation for their family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice