Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddening ENA reviews

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by firelily
    I have been here for 2 years and I don't even care, because I tell everyone everything anyway. But just because you or me feel comfortable, it doesn't mean everyone else is safe. Some people may be genuinely afraid of someone close wanting to hurt them, etc.

For whatever reason, I don't think the benefits of "I never said that" thing outweight the safety reasons. Even so, if "I have said that" was the only reason, the rule could freeze the comments for a few days or weeks and then have them unfreeze after that with requested delete taking effect - or have the deleted option if someone asks the moderator precisely explaining their individual situation. If $35 can delete them, so should the special request?... And $35 is not the same amount of money for people in different countries using Enotalone (for me it's 10 dinners) and in different life situation - some of these life situations forcing people to seek advice in the first place - so the money should never be connected in any way with the safety, in my opinion.
    This was already fought out. The answer was , no.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by MurphyB
    So if I pay $35 I can have my thread deleted? No Q's asked?
    You delete it yourself.

Can you inform me on how I can do this please? Many thanks.

Plus the site is almost 20 years old if it was so gawd awful would it still be here?

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    There are also forums where people are torn to shreds like last night’s pizza and moderators join in or shrug. I have seen that. That doesn’t happen here.

I do like the forum for the most part.
    That's awful :( Forums like you describe should be banned by law.

I didn't think of Enotalone as a place comparing to what you describe, but the reviews are alarming, and in many threads I've seen some comments being more harsh than they had to. I think a few times I've been harsher than I had to, sometimes, despite my carefulness not to do that.

Can you inform me on how I can do this please? Many thanks.
    Go to settings , look to the left. Under account see “ paid subscription “ and it is forum supporter.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Plus the site is almost 20 years old if it was so gawd awful would it still be here?
    I don't know. On the other hand, if it was doing it's best to be the least possibly awful with every year, there wouldn't be so many bad reviews on moderation and culture.

Originally Posted by firelily
    I don't know. On the other hand, if it was doing it's best to be the least possibly awful with every year, there wouldn't be so many bad reviews on moderation and culture.
    Just remember these poor people are volunteers. They get NO pay. They are here, days, nights, holidays everything. The owner is here almost 24/7. I would give these people a break. Plus they get threatened and sworn at in private message by lunatics and people who want their own way.

Thanks a lot for that. So I see there is a 14.99 fee. If I pay that I can delete my posts and threads started? Just to clarify? Many thanks.

Sorry to ask, I just don't really trust this site much.

Thanks a lot for that. So I see there is a 14.99 fee. If I pay that I can delete my posts and threads started? Just to clarify? Many thanks.

Sorry to ask, I just don't really trust this site much.
    No clue about the one month fee. I only pay by the year.

If you don’t trust it just never post.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice