Blocking stuff out of your mind

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this question or not. I was out for a birthday and was having drinks of course and my sister in law was sitting by me and says to me " that i make things frustrating with her and i said what do you mean by that. She says that we could be a thing but it would make such a family mess and the family likes me. I said like ya i would never want to go down that road at all. She was also having drinks so obviosuly this was the alchol talking. I texted her the next day when we were sober and basically said it was quite weird and that were both quite flirty when we drink but obvisouly would never go down that road, due to that fact my girlfriends brother is his wife and they have a child.

What i am having a hard time with is pushing this out of my head ever since been told this and now when ever we have family things it just feels like this thing creeps back into my head. I have never told my girlfriend about this conversation as i feel it doesnt need to burden her. Question i have is how do i push through this thought and get rid of it, not nothing will ever become of it, just the fact she said it clouds my head.

Sorry if this sounds so weird and random but i do have some mental health issues with depression so this doesnt help the cause sometimes. Very mild depression.

Thanks sorry if wrong forum

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this question or not. I was out for a birthday and was having drinks of course and my sister in law was sitting by me and says to me " that i make things frustrating with her and i said what do you mean by that. She says that we could be a thing but it would make such a family mess and the family likes me. I said like ya i would never want to go down that road at all. She was also having drinks so obviosuly this was the alchol talking. I texted her the next day when we were sober and basically said it was quite weird and that were both quite flirty when we drink but obvisouly would never go down that road, due to that fact my girlfriends brother is his wife and they have a child.

What i am having a hard time with is pushing this out of my head ever since been told this and now when ever we have family things it just feels like this thing creeps back into my head. I have never told my girlfriend about this conversation as i feel it doesnt need to burden her. Question i have is how do i push through this thought and get rid of it, not nothing will ever become of it, just the fact she said it clouds my head.

Sorry if this sounds so weird and random but i do have some mental health issues with depression so this doesnt help the cause sometimes. Very mild depression.

Thanks sorry if wrong forum

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. People get flirty and say weird sometimes when they drink. I don't think you needed to text her the next day about it saying that it was weird. And she isn't really your sister in law right? It's your girlfriends brothers wife. I think you should just ignore it and move on.

You're smart not to make this into a thing and bother your gf with it.. Write it off to drunken gibberish. People hop in bed, slobber and do all sorts of stupid stuff when they're drunk, so flirting with your gf's sister-in-law, is best forgotten. If you think you would have taken her up on it, maybe it's time to reinstate some romance in your own relationship.

I have never told my girlfriend about this conversation as i feel it doesnt need to burden her.

Archived