Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with a friend like this?

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Have you ever met this "friend" in person? It sounds like you're trying to conduct a friendship online instead of in person where you actually get to know one another.

Why the heck would you send her money? Why not just give her the money if it was actually needed and you wanted to give it? Why "send" it? Why was money even necessary because she allegedly broke up with someone?

... I agree with everyone that mentioned that she's no friend and that you should back off from any contact with her.
    Yes we have met in person and hung out many times.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    It doesnít sound like youíve met this girl in person...
    Met here in nursing school last May. Have hung out many times since then.

You're paying too much attention to her. Do you have a crush on her? Stop talking to this person if you feel she's a shoddy friend and definitely stop sending money. You're also tricking yourself into thinking she owes you something back when you do things like these. It's a reciprocal and manipulative tactic but you seem to be so bad at it you're chasing your own tail. She doesn't owe you anything. Don't be overbearing or creepy. If she doesn't want to tell you about her love life, that's her decision. You cannot control people... Just hang out with other friends, enjoy your time with friends and family who actually treat you well and are more consistent and enjoyable to be around.

Platinum Member
    Why are you sending money?

You seem a bit obsessed with this woman.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    You're paying too much attention to her. Do you have a crush on her? Stop talking to this person if you feel she's a shoddy friend and definitely stop sending money. You're also tricking yourself into thinking she owes you something back when you do things like these. It's a reciprocal and manipulative tactic but you seem to be so bad at it you're chasing your own tail. She doesn't owe you anything. Don't be overbearing or creepy. If she doesn't want to tell you about her love life, that's her decision. You cannot control people... Just hang out with other friends, enjoy your time with friends and family who actually treat you well and are more consistent and enjoyable to be around.
    Crush? Yeah far from that. I considered her one of my best friends. She has been there throughout some hard times & we are very open with each other. Second, Iím far from a manipulative person. I received a large amount of funds last week & decided to share some with my best friends. Again, not to manipulate as it was out of generosity. Iím not a controlling person. Iím just confused as to why Iím being deliberately ignored.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I don't think that's fair. I personally don't read anything like that from the OP's post.
    The OP is disappointed that this friend she likes treats her like crap.

OP, has this girl started seeing a fella? Also, how much money did you send her and why did she need it?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Why are you sending money?

Yeah not obsessed. She is not the only friend I have, BUT I considered her one of my best friends.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by oheyitsfaith
    Yeah not obsessed. She is not the only friend I have, BUT I considered her one of my best friends.
    Sorry, I thought you had a crush on her.

I guess the regular checking for responses. I think it is always best by going by people's actions.

You should keep your money for yourself and invest, not hand out to your friends. That is not smart. She should be reaching out to her family for money.

Originally Posted by MurphyB
    I don't think that's fair. I personally don't read anything like that from the OP's post.
    The OP is disappointed that this friend she likes treats her like crap.

OP, has this girl started seeing a fella? Also, how much money did you send her and why did she need it?
    Thank you. Why in the world would I be obsessed?
    Sheís been seeing someone for five months, however not in a official relationship. I only sent money after receiving a hefty check last week. So I decided to send my loved ones a little something out of generosity.

Oh yeah I did. The funds I sent were not excessive. Under $10.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice