Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Reconciliation story thread

Reconciliation story thread

I don't know if there is an unlocked thread for people on this forum to share their recent/successful reconciliation stories (sorry if there is I'm still new here >.<) but I thought to make one to bring some joy/ happiness while I'm struggling to remain NC with my ex that I recently broke up with. So if anyone wants to share their positive and hopeful stories that would be nice. You could also share if you are at the brink of reconciliation, recently reconciled or totally reconciled. Thank you all :)

Here you go. Knock yourself out...>> [Register to see the link]

On another note, sorry your here and in pain.

Whilst killing off that hopium is near on impossible in the early days, I do suggest working towards acceptance as soon as possible and planning what you’re going to do with YOUR life now going forward*

I held on to false hope for way too long. It wasn’t helped by the breadcrumbs she threw at me for months though so watch out for that one....

Exes coming back is kinda rare. Exes coming back and it working out even rarer...

It does happen though so I do hope you’ll be one of the lucky few if that’s what you are wanting.

But in the meantime, I wouldn’t go putting your life on hold.

Ever Forward*

Carus*

Exes coming back does happen. Exes sticking around in the long-term after they came back is another story. In most cases, it is called a break up because it is broken and they leave again...

I got back with my (verbally abusive ex). Worst thing I ever did. It didn't last more than 4 months. I was very silly, but learnt my lesson.

Platinum Member
    I reconciled with an ex.

Worst 4 years of my life, bar none.

But yes, we did reconcile!

I reconciled with 4 out of 7 of my relationships, broke up again later down the line.
    For me personally it helped to get a better sense of closure knowing I had tried everything possible to make it work. In one instance though it hurt me even more to go back but 3 years later we were able to be on friendly terms again.

I had 4 serious relationships in my life (I'm in my 40s). I ended 2 of them, one was a "mutual" breakup, was dumped in the last one. In the "mutual"-ended one, we got back together after a 4-6month break where we didn't communicate. Stayed together for another 4 years (out of total 6). Never regretted.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice