Should I pull back and give her space?

Mrgreenjeans

So there’s this girl I’ve been dating from my job. She started about a year ago and I always found her attractive. I’ve been hearing from co workers that she thinks I’m cute and finds me very attractive. I acted on that right away and asked her for her number. First date went well and I then set a second date a week later, on the second date, we went out for dinner and drove in to the middle of no where in my truck, laid on the back bed and stargazed and talked. I then made a move that night and we started making out. 2 weeks after I ask her to come over to my place to have some drinks. I will add she’s the easiest girl I have ever set dates with, never an issue. She came over, we hung out, drank and had amazing sex. Two weeks after that, I tried asking/suggesting we hang out a couple times (hangout as in go out, no Netflix and chill at my house again) , but now she either ignores or changes the subject. But she is still super cool towards me at work and still talks to me via phone. Was she just looking for a one time thing? How should I handle this? Am I over pursuing? Should I walk away? I really like this girl. Anything would help.

Are you making it clear that it's going out on dates? She may be backpedaling a bit.

Two weeks after that, I tried asking/suggesting we hang out a couple times but now she either ignores or changes the subject. But she is still super cool towards me at work and still talks to me via phone.

It sounds like it moved quickly. She's not certain about dating you and having sex with you again or spending more time together might confuse your friendship. Get to know each other in the work space and let her text/message you (she should initiate some texts if she's interested in seeing you outside of work). If you don't see her initiating any calls or texts or seeming interested in seeing you outside of the office or at work, this is not working out.

You asked her twice in a row to go do something with you and she chose not to. Whether that be a friend or a romantic interest, you then should respect the fact that the ball is now in their court to ask you to do something, and if that doesn't happen, let the friendship or romance fade away.

A person's actions as well as non-actions will tell you exactly what you need to know. In this case, it's not going to happen how you envisioned. You're not a priority. She's probably too cowardly to tell you she's not feeling the chemistry she needs to continue on with you, or whatever her reason. Just treat her like any other co-worker now, and no more than that, because that's what she is.

Agree. Especially if you work together and the first couple of dates were make out and sex dates. If you are still interested don't "hang out". Ask her out and make a suggestion like dinner or an event, something where she understands in more than getting in the cute office girls pants.

You had sex with her and didn’t ask her out for two weeks. She probably thinks YOU don’t want anything serious.

You had sex, then waited two weeks to ask her out again? EEEEEK!! She thinks you're a player, and only want one thing from her. If this isn't true, ask her to a proper date. Dinner and a show (not in your pants), like a play or a movie or a concert. Bring flowers. In fact, send her flowers to the office.

Why did you wait so long after sex before asking her out? And when you asked her to hang out two weeks later, does she know you mean take her on a proper date? She may think you want to just fool around again and she probably doesn’t want that kind of relationship. Did you make it known you want to take her out? She was probably waiting those two weeks thinking, when is he going to finally ask me out?!

Archived