Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is two years too late to get back together?

Platinum Member
    He's too old for you and based on your other post seems disrespectful and deceitful.

Coupled with commitment issues at 40+ (what the heck), and you're just wasting your energy. This isn't some 20 something guy. He's 42.

At that age, my dad was supporting his own family.

Platinum Member
    He is still a workaholic. Nothing has changed.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Lots of projection and verbal abuse and a realization that I dodged a bullet when I realized another woman was at his house, I fully let go. I realized I'll never get my items back, I'll never get the real reason, and I'll never get closure. Most importantly, I'll never see or know the man I fell in love with, only the dismissive jerk he became those last 2 months. He's 40, I'm 29.

^^ same guy?

Really, OP. Why are even communicating with this guy?!

It's over. Don't be pathetic and pitiful. Don't grovel.

He has since moved on as should you. Don't be naive because it doesn't pay.

Learn from a bad experience, navigate yourself more shrewdly from now on, set your standards very high, become very picky and choosy. Know you can never change a man. He's either the type of man you can respect or not. Stay away from immature types because they're just a boy in a man's body.

Shop around.

Platinum Member
    It doesn't actually sound like you have any indication that this guy still has any interest in you? He ended it two years ago and since then you have not heard from him. If he wanted to contact you, I'm sure he would have. If he doesn't want commitment and marriage and you do, then what would be the point of dating him even if he was interested?

Why do you want to get back with him OP? What's triggered you to suddenly want to rekindle this based on your original post?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice