Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does one build chemistry in a long distance relationship?

Gold Member

How does one build chemistry in a long distance relationship?

I'm in a long-distance relationship and I am trying to figure out how to build chemistry? Any ideas?

Platinum Member
    How did the picnic in the park go?

I hope it works out for you. Just keep in mind that most LDRs eventually fail despite chemistry. Absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. To the contrary, too much absence causes two people to eventually drift apart and the relationship dissolves. Be prepared and you will be ok.

In the meantime, go with the flow, enjoy compatible personalities, remain amiable and act natural. Enjoy it while it lasts though. Remain realistic.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    How did the picnic in the park go?
    The picnic went very well! We both enjoyed it. That weekend trip was a lot of fun. Thanks for asking!

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    I hope it works out for you. Just keep in mind that most LDRs eventually fail despite chemistry. Absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. To the contrary, too much absence causes two people to eventually drift apart and the relationship dissolves. Be prepared and you will be ok.

In the meantime, go with the flow, enjoy compatible personalities, remain amiable and act natural. Enjoy it while it lasts though. Remain realistic.
    I really want it to work out with this girl. She is hands down the most compatible person I ever dated. But how do I get things progressing until I visit her again? Video chats? talking on the phone every day?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by BrokenGator
    The picnic went very well! We both enjoyed it. That weekend trip was a lot of fun. Thanks for asking!
    How frequently will you see one another? How long were you in a committed relationship before it became long distance?

I always say, you can't give or receive hugs, kisses, intimate contact, etc. over an electronic device. The more in person time together the better.

Without a solid foundation built BEFORE going long distance, it's difficult. Even with that foundation it's difficult, but without that...odds are much lower.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    How frequently will you see one another? How long were you in a committed relationship before it became long distance?

I always say, you can't give or receive hugs, kisses, intimate contact, etc. over an electronic device. The more in person time together the better.

Without a solid foundation built BEFORE going long distance, it's difficult. Even with that foundation it's difficult, but without that...odds are much lower.
    We met in person a couple of months ago and have been talking since. I've seen her three weekends. May see each other a weekend a month or so?

Originally Posted by BrokenGator
    I really want it to work out with this girl. She is hands down the most compatible person I ever dated. But how do I get things progressing until I visit her again? Video chats? talking on the phone every day?
    I really want it to work out with your girl, too, BrokenGator. Since she's compatible, visit as often as you can afford since I know traveling is expensive, time-consuming and inconvenient. Yes, do video chats, keep your relationship fresh and alive. Never allow your relationship to grow stale. Phoning everyday depends on what type of person she is. Some people are into relentless texts, emails, messages and phone chats whereas others require much needed space and boundaries.

Just remember not to set your hopes up too high since LDRs have good intentions from the beginning and then eventually the inevitable happens which is breakup. Enjoy it while it lasts. I hope your relationship will endure and you will break the mold!

You should be asking her and working those things out as a couple. That's very personal and between the both of you. Practice your communication with her. I get the feeling that you want to impress her by being a mindreader or by having all the answers. Don't bother trying so hard having all the answers all by yourself. Be humble (both of you) and learn to come together, communicate together on things like this.

You can start off a conversation with her by asking her how often she likes talking on the phone or be sensitive to when she's busy and when she's available. If someone is busy, tense, stressed out, don't push matters by asking for reassurance on the relationship or get in each others' space. It's a bit of intuition and being perceptive and a whole lot of communication.

Done it, doesn't work. Eventually you'll grow tired of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice