Follow up again for a second date?

triceps

Met this girl through a dating app last week on Thursday, after a few messages I set a dinner date for Saturday night. The date seemed like it went great to me (she gave compliments about me be funny and intelligent) , we didn't end with a kiss but when I dropped her off she asked about going out again.

I texted her the following evening about I had a fun time meeting her and a little inside joke. She texted me back the following morning (Monday) about how she had a great time too and wished me a good day.

So I asked for a second date yesterday to go bowling and what day she's free, but haven't heard from her.

Do I even follow up again for a second date before I write her off? If so should I wait a couple more days/ a week... and what would be a good follow up text?

Honestly it’s up to you.

You only met her once so I guess you have to ask yourself is the potential silence going to hurt?

People sometimes to try to soften the blow by giving throw away responses knowing they dont plan to go on another date, I’ve done it, I’m not particularly proud but if I sense a guy being overly eager, I feel rejection from the safety of distance is best.

Not saying that’s what’s happening here, you can give it some more time who knows maybe she’s busy, typically though with online dating, I tend to find silence to be the most common way people ‘politely’ say not interested.

It's been two days now. Did you hear from her? I think the polite thing to do (if you're both on the same wavelength) is to respond right away especially if the chemistry is right. I've never left a person waiting like that. I either explained the chemistry wasn't right or I went on a second date. It might just be personalities at play. Don't feel discouraged. Meet others if she doesn't respond. Don't bother with these types of games, I think.

Archived