Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I ask out a crush I had back in my highschool years?

Platinum Member
    Nope. unless you are in touch (you are on a committe together, she is in your life currently at least on the edges of it), i would not contact her. If you see her off and on, i might ask her out, but do not suddenly reappear. I tried to do that after i graduated with a guy i had crushed on and i ran into him "by coincidence" but i actually figured out where he would be and it did not go well. Move on.

Originally Posted by bryanbbbro
    This is exactly what my friend told me too. I'm curious tho, why is that? I understand that perspective in terms of exes, the people you've been with romantically, but I've never even really interacted with this girl at all. That's why I'm reluctant to message her, even with a little "Hi"cause it seems so out of place since that would be my first ever message to her and it's coming from a guy who went to the same school as her YEARS ago..
    I can't speak for anyone else. For me a person I met or knew from the past might represent an older part of my life or phase and I'm no longer the same person.

Different people are different and there are people who pop up again for many people. That's ok too. No right or wrong, I think.

I still say have a shot...Just as much chance as meeting a new girl really...The fact you went to high school together should actually be a good ice breaker...

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out....

It's your lack of confidence that worries me a bit, whether it be with her or any one else. You're over-thinking it*

Carus*

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Carus
    I still say have a shot...Just as much chance as meeting a new girl really...The fact you went to high school together should actually be a good ice breaker...

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out....

It's your lack of confidence that worries me a bit, whether it be with her or any one else. You're over-thinking it*

Carus*
    I would not do it randomly. I would try to reconnect with something mundane - asking if she knew if they were planning a reunion or such to test the waters on social media but i would not ask her out. Who knows if he is someone she remembers from school. If they were actually good friends in school reconnecting would be different but i really think he should move on. She is not the same person she was in high school. She could be married, could be in a relationship, too. If they never really spoke in high school, it would be a huge no. if they were close in some way, he could say 'hey, you came up in my 'people i might know' on facebook so just wanted to say hello"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice