coworker/friend who i have feelings for got fired the other day and is gone

thatdevilsblue

The other day, out of the blue, my coworker/good friend who i have strong feelings for, got let go from our job at a luxury resort we work at up in the mountains just north of Phoenix. She lived there on property in housing and is not an Arizona local/native, so when she came to work here earlier this year, she came from Vegas, but shes very nomadic and has lived everywhere, she doesn't have an official home really. Colorado is a state that actually really has her heart.

Anyways, after she messaged me that she was just fired while i was somewhere else on the property, and the message and my heart sunk. Not only was i devistated to see that message, i knew that her being fired meant she wasn't going to stick around in this state because Arizona isn't a really a state she loves despite having people in it that are important to her, me, my mother, some other coworkers, ect....though i truly became a main/close/best friend to her...

I stopped what i was doing else where and immediately went to her housing to be there for her and see how she was doing since she was packing....she had tears in her eyes and was crying, and started venting to me....i told her how sorry i was and how messed up this was and how i didn't want her to leave....then it hit me....my feelings for her and how i've been so afraid to tell her all summer because i know shes been vocal to everyone about just wanting to remain single for now because of her last ex boyfriend, so i haven't known what to do with them....i stood there 20 minutes contemplating telling her, and i finally decided to tell her my feelings, i had to let her know before she left, and not via text message

i told her i have something to tell, and i started crying myself...i told her that over these past few months i've had feelings for her and that its been so hard for me to tell you because of you wanting to remain single....she started tearing up and crying more, came over and hugged me and told me she was so sorry....i told her i just want her to be happy and that perhaps i just not to move on from it now....i told her i hope that it didn't make things weird for you and that i i didn't want me telling her to ruin our friendship potentially and she said "not at all, absolutely not"...and after that, i was just so relieved i finally told her and that she knew, despite everything else....

i helped her pack more and take her stuff to her car since no one else on property bothered to...we gave each other a hug at her car a few times, i told her i love her and she told me she loved me back, and she left...i was holding back tears the hold rest of the day at work

she ended stay at mine and my mothers house for a few days after that before she headed back to vegas, which im extremely greatful i had a few more days with her...when she left my house the other day early morning, we hugged each other again at her car, and she told me not to worry, we'll see each other again very soon....she left, and i went back to bed and cried

i miss her alot right now, we've talked a few times since she left a few days ago, both later that night and she messaged me yesterday morning wish me good luck for reopening day at work yesterday...

my head has been all over the place not having her here...it wasn't a bad day yesterday at work in terms of the work day, it was just too weird and too sad not having her there on property, like i had a hole in my heart....the magic and love i had for this beautiful resort out in the mountains is just kind of fading now (and no, it's not just her that has made me love the place)

I know how you feel. I have been at my company for 29 years. About 2 years or more ago, all the people I have worked with for decades were either retiring or quitting for other jobs. It was like losing my family. We have been through so so much. I was out of sorts for quite awhile. Nothing was ever going to be the same. Well my friend, you just adjust to things being different and you move on, make new friends, meet new people. Of course it can never replace knowing her, but someone else will fill the void someday. Just part of life....it's always changing the the tides in the ocean. There will be plenty more to discover.

If you have feelings for her I don't think keeping in touch is a good idea. You're holding each other back from moving on. Long distance doesn't work for everyone and not without some end in sight. Are you planning on moving to be with her wherever she lands up next or ok with leaving your current location any time?

If you have feelings for her I don't think keeping in touch is a good idea. You're holding each other back from moving on. Long distance doesn't work for everyone and not without some end in sight. Are you planning on moving to be with her wherever she lands up next or ok with leaving your current location any time?

shes actually the one that's messaged me the most in the past few days since she left my house...we don't want to be out of contact with each other!

Archived