Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: People Who Disappear From Your Life

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Carus
    Something Iíve started doing recently with some friends is every now and then if I send them a message, I just donít expect a reply. In fact I kinda expect they wont...

So I send it with love and with the thought that they probably wonít reply...and thatís ok.

Now people not replying to me was one of my biggest bugs bears for sure and still irks me a little. So adopting the above attitude has been great for my personal growth in that area*

Like some others of you have said I too donít really buy the ĎToo busyí excuse. Really? With todays technology....

I just tapped out this post on my iPhone. Took me probably less than 4 mins....

:)
    I think the too busy comes in when the friend wants to find a block of time to properly catch up and can't manage to do that so instead she simply goes MIA (which I don't do but I get it). I also have friends who send me texts where they forgot to click send - weeks later -has happened to me too. Kind of amusing because it's such old news.

I have/had a friend who Iíve known for over 35 years. We were very close and went on many adventures together. He drove 4 hours to be at my wedding and I did the same for his*

Since my divorce and subsequent break down he became distant.

Iíve sent him 3 messages in the last 3 months and got nothing in return...Itís ok. I get the hint.

This is something Iíve experienced with about 90% of the people I knew since my divorce and it hurts a bit when itís someone who I considered quite a significant person in my life.

I guess itís something we all deal with differently and thatís evident even in this thread....

Itís taking me a while but Iíll continue working on not letting it get me down too much....

Love n Light*

Carus*

Platinum Member
    I have/had a friend who Iíve known for over 35 years. We were very close and went on many adventures together. He drove 4 hours to be at my wedding and I did the same for his*

Since my divorce and subsequent break down he became distant.

Iíve sent him 3 messages in the last 3 months and got nothing in return...Itís ok. I get the hint.

This is something Iíve experienced with about 90% of the people I knew since my divorce and it hurts a bit when itís someone who I considered quite a significant person in my life.

I guess itís something we all deal with differently and thatís evident even in this thread....

Itís taking me a while but Iíll continue working on not letting it get me down too much....

Love n Light*

Carus*
    I'm so sorry this happened and I hope you find people who are worthy of your friendship.

It seems the OP has disappeared? 🤔

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I'm so sorry this happened and I hope you find people who are worthy of your friendship.
    Thanks Bataya* Thatís very kind of you*

What I have found is it seems a lot of people only want to know you when things are good.

I kind of understand though because that same lot of people just arenít equipped to know how to handle it if and when the dark night falls*

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It seems the OP has disappeared? 🤔
    Thatíd be right! lol

Platinum Member
    Thanks Bataya* Thatís very kind of you*

What I have found is it seems a lot of people only want to know you when things are good.

I kind of understand though because that same lot of people just arenít equipped to know how to handle it if and when the dark night falls*

Thatíd be right! lol
    Just to be clear I am not like that at all. I'm there no matter what as long as I am being treated with respect.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice