LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will he come back to me?

Will he come back to me?

I have been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years, the past few weeks we have been falling out due to him going off to Uni, I'm joining him at the same Uni next year and we have made so many plans. We were going to live together next year, go on holiday after our exams, we had everything planned. He went to freshers 2 weeks ago, text me every night telling me he loved me and missed me, then out of the blue he text me to tell me he didn't love me anymore he had lost his feelings for me and to forget him. I have found out he's met a girl and he's fell for her.

He's blocked me on social media, deleted all my pictures. He has never been very confident, he's not the best looking guy but I love him.
    Will he come back to me?

Originally Posted by Lynn01
    I have been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years, the past few weeks we have been falling out due to him going off to Uni, I'm joining him at the same Uni next year and we have made so many plans. We were going to live together next year, go on holiday after our exams, we had everything planned. He went to freshers 2 weeks ago, text me every night telling me he loved me and missed me, then out of the blue he text me to tell me he didn't love me anymore he had lost his feelings for me and to forget him. I have found out he's met a girl and he's fell for her.

He's blocked me on social media, deleted all my pictures. He has never been very confident, he's not the best looking guy but I love him.
    Will he come back to me?
    Hopefully not! Why on earth would you think so little of yourself as to hope for him to come back!

He's an idiot, he acts like a child, and you want him back? Pull yourself together, move on, and make to most of YOUR life!

Sorry to hear this. Many LDRs don't work for that reason. Someone local and handier. All you can do is get more involved in your own life, your own friends, your own studies and interests. Never follow a guy around like this or make them the center of your universe this way..
    I'm joining him at the same Uni next year and we have made so many plans. We were going to live together next year, go on holiday after our exams, we had everything planned.

Because he's not the guy I fell in love with. It isn't like him, how could a few days drinking heavily totally change his personality?

The new girl he's met isn't even at Uni she also lives miles away, what can he be thinking?

Whatever he's thinking, he's not doing it with the head on his shoulders.

I know you want answers, but trust me, it's better to go No Contact and forget about him.

If you have any of his things, burn them... that always used to be therapeutic for me!

Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Whatever he's thinking, he's not doing it with the head on his shoulders.

I know you want answers, but trust me, it's better to go No Contact and forget about him.

If you have any of his things, burn them... that always used to be therapeutic for me!
    I cant't burn them, I did message him and made a total fool of myself. Now I'm trying no contact but I can't forget about him.

Platinum Member
    He is too young and inexperienced to have committed to such a serious relationship.

He wants to play the field and try things out with other girls. His personality didn't totally change; he wasn't as invested as either of you thought if it only took a few weeks for things to fall apart. My guess is that he was going through the motions but once he got a taste for university life, he was too tempted to keep up a relationship with you.

I'm sorry. I know it hurts.

Unfortunately, no now he isn't the high school boy you knew. He's now a wild and crazy college guy who is sowing some wild oats. Don't take a ringside seat to watch this unfold. Basically, though acting stupid, it's part of growing up. He is growing and changing and spreading his wings. You can do the same at college. Get involved in your own life, go to your own university and make your own friends. High school romances rarely make it through college.
    Because he's not the guy I fell in love with. It isn't like him, how could a few days drinking heavily totally change his personality?

The new girl he's met isn't even at Uni she also lives miles away, what can he be thinking?
    Well he's thinking with the wrong head!

You need to face up to the fact he's got someone else now and you've been dumped. Sorry, but this is what has happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice