Will he come back to me?

Lynn01

I have been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years, the past few weeks we have been falling out due to him going off to Uni, I'm joining him at the same Uni next year and we have made so many plans. We were going to live together next year, go on holiday after our exams, we had everything planned. He went to freshers 2 weeks ago, text me every night telling me he loved me and missed me, then out of the blue he text me to tell me he didn't love me anymore he had lost his feelings for me and to forget him. I have found out he's met a girl and he's fell for her.

He's blocked me on social media, deleted all my pictures. He has never been very confident, he's not the best looking guy but I love him.

Will he come back to me?

I have been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years, the past few weeks we have been falling out due to him going off to Uni, I'm joining him at the same Uni next year and we have made so many plans. We were going to live together next year, go on holiday after our exams, we had everything planned. He went to freshers 2 weeks ago, text me every night telling me he loved me and missed me, then out of the blue he text me to tell me he didn't love me anymore he had lost his feelings for me and to forget him. I have found out he's met a girl and he's fell for her.

He's blocked me on social media, deleted all my pictures. He has never been very confident, he's not the best looking guy but I love him.

Will he come back to me?

Hopefully not! Why on earth would you think so little of yourself as to hope for him to come back!

He's an idiot, he acts like a child, and you want him back? Pull yourself together, move on, and make to most of YOUR life!

Sorry to hear this. Many LDRs don't work for that reason. Someone local and handier. All you can do is get more involved in your own life, your own friends, your own studies and interests. Never follow a guy around like this or make them the center of your universe this way..

I'm joining him at the same Uni next year and we have made so many plans. We were going to live together next year, go on holiday after our exams, we had everything planned.
Whatever he's thinking, he's not doing it with the head on his shoulders.

I know you want answers, but trust me, it's better to go No Contact and forget about him.

If you have any of his things, burn them... that always used to be therapeutic for me!

I cant't burn them, I did message him and made a total fool of myself. Now I'm trying no contact but I can't forget about him.

He is too young and inexperienced to have committed to such a serious relationship.

He wants to play the field and try things out with other girls. His personality didn't totally change; he wasn't as invested as either of you thought if it only took a few weeks for things to fall apart. My guess is that he was going through the motions but once he got a taste for university life, he was too tempted to keep up a relationship with you.

I'm sorry. I know it hurts.

Unfortunately, no now he isn't the high school boy you knew. He's now a wild and crazy college guy who is sowing some wild oats. Don't take a ringside seat to watch this unfold. Basically, though acting stupid, it's part of growing up. He is growing and changing and spreading his wings. You can do the same at college. Get involved in your own life, go to your own university and make your own friends. High school romances rarely make it through college.

Because he's not the guy I fell in love with. It isn't like him, how could a few days drinking heavily totally change his personality?
Because he's not the guy I fell in love with. It isn't like him, how could a few days drinking heavily totally change his personality?

Drinking didn't change his personality, but it may have shocked him into realizing that he wasn't ready for something serious with you.

This is the guy you fell in love with but it sounds like he has been contemplating splitting up with you and just not told you and maybe hoped the feelings would go away on their own.

Sorry OP :(

Awful. It may seem difficult to understand right now but when you look back at this period of your life you will thank your lucky stars he showed himself to be what he is sooner rather than later.

Usually when someone doesn't turn out to be what they expected to be there's a very strong silver lining no matter how desperate and deplorable a situation. That silver lining will show itself soon. Don't be blind to it and learn to pick up where this has left off and live your life fully with no regrets going forward. Carpe diem.

You know that apartment you were going to get and all that fun you were going to have and those holidays you envisioned yourself on after exams? Those plans and dreams all still exist within you with a little alteration. Do a little hemming and stitching.

You've got a new life ahead of you. Take your time to grieve but don't waste your time lamenting for so long that you fall into the habit of wasting your youth and overthinking episodes of your life that don't deserve that much from you.

Archived